Saving Love

It was around 6:15 when they arrived at the Prom, eveyone was dressed to the 9's. Music played in the background, people up dancing, some people sat down eating from the buffet since they probably hadn't eaten since 11 that morning.

Clint and Quill had been stood at Betty's door, waving and semi-crying like proud parents, something that Peter and the rest of the team would probably tease them about later on.

On entering, they took pictures as a group, not really fancing going through what both Natasha, Steve and Clint had put them all through.

Continuing through the building, some couples were loved up, others were up and dancing with their friends, however, as Peter looked through the crowds, he spotted Harley, sat with Ned and Zoe at a table.

All three of them walked over to the other three, meeting them as they sat down. "When did you get here?" Peter asked Harley.

"Around 15 minutes ago."Harley told him. "I just about managed to escape mom and dad."

Peter gave a small laugh before sitting down besides MJ, Zoe asking Ned to dance with her to which he smiled, excusing himself from the table.

"Aren't you going to dance?" Peter asked Harley.

"Very funny." Harley said, sarcastically.

Peter had known for a while now, how bad Harley's dancing is. Pepper had tried to teach him once, but it never was anything passed that one lesson. Plus, he hated dancing, especially in public.

"What about you two?" Harley qustioned, to which MJ replied. "I plan on continuing this drawing if you don't ask someone to dance."

"What drawing?" Harely questioned, worrriedly.

"This one." MJ smiled, pulling out a folded piece of paper from a pocket in her dress.

Peter simply laughed whilst he watched the blood drain from Harley's face. If any one of the Avengers found this, they'd pin it up and elargeit so they could probably see it from space.

Whilst Peter and MJ left the table, heading onto the dance floor, Harley and Betty were left in an awkward silence, however, before Harley could ask her to dance, a lad from their class came up and asked Betty to dance, aswell as a girl coming up to ask Harley to dance.

2 hours passed before anything dramatic happened. There was the usual, MJ witnessing 3 girls comforting their BFF in the bathroom due to some Jock breaking up with her on Prom, even though they'd been dating 'like, forever', when in reality it was only about a week.

However, as MJ walked out, she spotted a pair stood together in panic. But, before MJ could even walk past them, thinking that maybe they was having to deal with some lad or girl not showing up as their dates, they stopped MJ in her tracks.

"You haven't seen Brian, have you?" The girl asked.

MJ shook her head, "No, sorry, why?"

"Well, he kinda maybe admitted he loved Dani, the girl who's crying in the bathroom, but she rejected him and now...we don't know where he's gone."

"No, I - I'm sorry."

Before MJ could walk back inside, there was sudden screams and yells from inside the dancing hall. The boy and girl looked towards one another, "Found him."

As MJ followed the running pair inside, MJ spoke to herself. "Talk about a quiet escape."

Around an hour ago, Peter and MJ had tried to leave, however, seperatly, both Harley and Betty begged them to stay since it would just be more awkward if they didn't and if they went home this early then their parents would question why because they said that they should enjoy this time.