Coming Home

It had been 8 months since Peter had been sent away to help serve and protect the Army.

Fury had to send in three of their best agents to help the army recover and save everyone that lay within Russia.

Natasha couldn't be sent because she was still recovering from her last mission, where she'd won and lived just by the skin of her teeth.

Clint was taking a time off work for a while since his wife and children needed him.

So that left just Peter and two other agents.

8 months in, they hadn't heard a word from Peter and didn't expect to any time soon due to the amount of work which would be happening.

However, just as the new year kicked in, Steve was sent back into the army to help lead some more troops across the line. Most of the men had attempted to but had either got injurded so badly they had died right there and then, or they managed to crawl their way from where they were stood, back to camp.

As Steve was unpacking most of his stuff, which wasn't alot. It was mostly a small suitcase filled with the same things he'd started out with when he first joined the army, and before he had taken the serum.

Two knocks came on his door, "Come in!" He shouted, allowing whoever was stood on the other side of the door, in.

"Fury think I can't do this on my own?" Asked a familiar voice.

Steve turned his head to see the same 24 year old he hadn't heard a word from in just over 8 months.

"Peter." Steve said, half relieved, half surprised to see him.

The duo exchanged a hug.

"It's good to see you, Cap." Peter smiled.

"It's good to see you too. What's been happening? One minute I'm being told everything is under control, the next, I'm here."

"It has been under control, except for 2 days ago when we had our second agent killed. I'm the last that's left."

"Jesus." Steve breathed out, Peter was luckily to be alive.

Peter continued to explain all of what had happened in the past 8 months or so, filling Steve in on everything. By the end, Steve had to hug Peter once more, Peter had been included in 5 bombings in total and some how, miraculously, was still alive.

"So tell me, how's the team?" Peter asked.

Steve nodded. "They're good. They miss you...alot. Tony's telling Morgan stories of you every night, sometimes Clint chips in trying to correct Tony, mostly on when you've both been in a prank war."

Clint still wouldn't admit defeat when it came to their prank wars. But Morgan knew the truth.

"Sam and Bucky are still trying to kill one another at times, at one point I had to lock them both in seperate cupboards...again." Steve continued, "Nat's doing okay, she's still healing from the wounds, but Bruce said she should be healed fully and with caution, she'll be allowed to head back on missions by the start of March." He explained.

After continued to talk to one another for the next hour and half, Peter turned to Steve once more.

"Could you do me a favour?" Peter asked Steve.

"Sure. What is it?"

Peter looked down, pulling something out of his pocket before handing it to Steve.

"Just in case anything happens tomorrow...I want you to give this to Morgan, you'll be back before I will and I know it's her birthday in a couple of weeks."