Secrets of the Past IIII

As the midwife cleaned off the baby, there was nothing but silence.

"Is everything okay? What's going on?" Peter asked, looking from MJ to round the room.

No-one seemed to answer him.

"Wha- What's going on?" MJ asked.

"Everything's okay." One midwife said, trying to calm the nerves of the two parents.

Everything seemed to wizz around MJ and Peter's head. Their baby wasn't crying.

"We're just trying to get more air into her lungs..." Another midwife answered.

MJ looked up to Peter in worry. The same expression was shared on their faces. They couldn't loose this baby, not after the last time.

"Peter...?"

"It's okay. They're going to be okay."

A very slow moment seemed to pass but they heard a noise...a cry.

A wave of relief washed over the entire room. Everything was okay.

The midwives quickly wiped the baby down before coming over to MJ.

"Congradulations you two." Smiled the midwife. "You've got a very healthy baby girl."

The pair broke out in smiles. MJ holding onto her daughter. Peter smiled with joy, tears coming to his eyes.

Him and MJ shared a look, one of relief and happiness. "I love you." He told her.

"I love you too."

Sharing a sweet kiss, the pair shared a moment that would be locked in their memories forever.

However, just as they did, they heard a doctor say something that would change their lives forever.

"The second will be along shortly."

MJ and Peter snapped their heads towards the doctor. "Second?!"

"Yes. It seems you're having twins."

MJ and Peter didn't know what to do. Twins! They were never told at a sonogram that they were having twins!

The midwife quickly took hold of their daughter, taking her away so she could be weighed and checked over full.

It wasn't too long before MJ had to start pushing again....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter sat on the edge of the bed beside MJ. Peter holding their daughter and MJ holding their son.

As they sat there, in a content silence, a small knock came at the door.

"Come in." Peter smiled, looking up.

The door slowly opened, May and the entire team walking in. "Hey." May smiled in a whisper.

No-one on the team seemed to notice Peter was also holding a child aswell. That was...until Sam and Bucky both gasped.

Suddenly, Steve saw it too. He nudged Nat gently and soon enough, Tony was the only one looking round wondering what was going on.

Tony suddenly gasped. "Oh my god."

May walked over to Peter, Peter handing May her grand-niece.

"She's beautiful." May smiled.

"Guess you were both right." Natasha smiled, walking past Bucky and Sam.

MJ slowly handed their son into Natasha's arms.

Soon enough, everyone had held both children before handing them back to their parents.

"They'd be so proud." May smiled as she stood beside Peter.

Peter looked towards May and smiled, he knew who she meant and she was right.

Even if they were gone from the Earth, it still didn't mean that they couldn't look down and watch over their grand-children. Thankfully, they knew the twins would have a very big family who would protect them for as long as they would live.