Come Back To Me, Safe.

Before every mission he had, he would always tell her the same thing. Come back to me, safe. And he would always nod and kiss her and tell her that she wouldn't have to worry. Of course, he knew she would worry until the moment she found out that he was safe. But, this time. Things ended differently.

MJ had been at home most of the afternoon. It wasn't often she got time away from the practice, but when she did, she was glad she did. Working as a Doctor was hard work, but the pay was good and she got to help people. It also meant she could patch Peter's wounds up without killing him when he'd come back home after a few hours on a mission covered in cuts and bruises.

But, something felt off in the pit of MJ's stomach as she turned the engagment ring around her finger. This was something she always did whenever she was nervous. It made her feel closer to Peter in a sense. When he wasn't here, that was.

However, the more MJ worried, the more it seemed to come true.

A few minutes later, a knock came to MJ's door. So, as she answered it, on the other side of the door was Steve.

"Stev-"

Steve was leaning against the door, his hands on either side whilst his face was almost pure white from shock and small drips of sweat came from his head. Clearly, he'd been running. But, MJ didn't have time to ask as the next few words that came from his mouth nearly made MJ look the same.

"It's Peter."

Steve tried his best to explain, but he couldn't really find the words as MJ rushed around and grabbed her things before locking the door behind her and rushing to her car where Steve drove them towards the secret Shield base.

"Michelle Jones," Friday's name called out. "Full access."

Fury had granted MJ full access to all Shield levels when he found out she had figured out about Peter's secret identity on her own. She had even interned at Shield whilst she was in college until she went to Medical School - where she also later trained at Shield.

"This way." Steve told her, placing a hand on her shoulders guiding her down a long hallway until they finally reach the satilite room.

"MJ," Natasha breathed in relief as she saw her before suddenly hugging her.

"What's happened to Peter? What's going on?"

This was when Fury suddenly came through a door, shutting the busy shield agents out of the room.

"Peter's gone off grid." Fury told the room. "We had him on comms. That was, until he decided to pull a stunt and turn it off. Luckily, we still have his tracker, but that went down about ten minutes ago."

"Where did you send him?" MJ asked.

Fury didn't answer her. At first.

"You've sent my fiance out on a mission and now he's gone missing. I have every right to know where you sent him."

This was true.

"A hyrda base popped up on our radar a few months ago." Fury began. "We needed a team and Agent Parker was the only one available."

"And a back-up team?" MJ asked.

MJ looked around and everyone else seemed to be looking to Fury with the same look as MJ.

"You did send him with a back-up team? Didn't you?"

Fury didn't answer her.

"Didn't you?!"

Suddenly, Fury shifted under MJ's gaze and everyone let out a sigh.

"God! Fury!" Steve yelled. "How could you not call us?!"

"He's a grown man!" Fury told them. "Not to mention the alien mutation."

MJ folded her arms. "You mean the radioactive mutation. Nothing alien about it."

Suddenly, a phone began to ring in front of them causing everyone to go silent. Slowly, Natasha moved forward before picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

A broken splutter came from the other end of the phone. "N - Tasha'? Is that you?"

"Peter?! Oh, my god. Where the hell are you? You've got us all-"

"Put MJ on the phone." Peter instructed for a few moments until Natasha finally listened.

MJ, holding the phone to her ear, pressed a hand to her other to make sure the only thing she heard was his voice.

"Peter?"

A broken, sad, yet happy voice spoke on the other end. "Hey,"

"Where are you? What happened?"

"I don't have a lot of time to explain, but, they knew I was coming. It was a set up." Peter explained. "I'm gonna try and make my way back, but there are some things I need to tie up here first."

MJ nodded. "Okay."

"I love you." Peter told her.

"I love you, too. Just...come back to me, safe."

Peter smiled on the other end of the phone, giving a little nod. "I know. I'll be home as soon as I can."

Suddenly, a large group of shouting came from the other end of the phone before the line suddenly cut out.

"What - What did he say?"

MJ, placing the phone down, tried to hold her emotions together. "It was an ambush. They knew he was coming and now they're after him."

Suddenly, turning to Fury, Natasha looked as though she was about to kill him.

"We'll find him." Fury told them.

"You better, or it'll be you who we all go after."

Fury knew this to be true. The team - they are a family. One gets hurt, it will anger (and worry) everyone else. So, Fury could only pray he wasn't about to end up six feet under for sending Parker in without any back up.