5 years of Fatherhood II

3 years later...

It had been almost three years since the blip. Most people had gotten back to normal. Well, the new normal.

In those three years, Peter had gotten to know the team. He'd also been raising Morgan along side.

6 months into the blip, they had found paper work which states if anything happened to both Pepper and Tony, then Morgan would be placed under the watchful eye of Peter.

What both Pepper and Tony hadn't expected however, was that Morgan would only be a few months old when it did.

They had always thought she'd at least be over the age of 18 so she'd be able to take car of herself.

He'd stayed at the compound, raising Morgan and making sure Natasha actually went to bed at night.

Some nights, he'd be putting both Rocket and Morgan to bed since she'd fall asleep cuddling the talking Racoon.

"I can take her if you want me-"

Rocket cut Peter off, "You wake her. I'll kill you."

As much as Rocket pretended to hate it, he secretly but also not so secretly loved it.

Peter could still remember the reaction when she had first said his name.

They had been playing in the lounge when Morgan was stood up, holding onto Peter's hands.

"Ocket!" She shouted as he walked into the room.

"That's right!" Peter smiled, "That's Rocket."

"R...rrrrrrrrr...Ocket!"

Rocket stopped in his tracks and then gained a wide smile on his face. "She just said my name! The weasel said my name!"

As he came closer, Morgan hugged Rocket which he seemed to shock him at first.

"What's this? What what what what what is she doing?" Rocket asked, quickly.

Peter smiled, "She's hugging you."

Rocket carefully relaxed and hugged Morgan back.

Currently, Peter had just put Morgan to bed. She'd been chasing Rocket around the house all afternood so she was out like a light.

Walking into the lounge, he spotted Natasha sat at the same desk he saw her at that same morning.

"Nat, you need sleep." He told her again.

He must have repeated that same phrase over and over again for the last 3 years.

"I'll be fine."

Peter was getting worried about her. She always said she'd be fine, but she wasn't.

"Nat. I'm starting to worry about you. You keep saying you're fine, but I know you've not slept. For the last 2 years you've been running yourself until you crash. It's not healthy."

"Peter, I'll be fine. Besides, you have Morgan to worry about." Natasha said, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

Peter followed after her, "Yes, but Morgan's healthy. You're not."

Natasha turned around quickly, glaring at him.

Peter relaxed his shoulders, "Okay, that may have scared me a year ago, but it doesn't anymore. And you know I'm right."

She didn't say anything, she just continued to walk to the fridge, taking out a bottle of water.

"If I sleep, who's going to run this? Who's going to run the Avengers? Or who's going to keep everyone safe?"