Missions

There have always been things that people could never understand. Understand the reasons. The choices. The idea behind everything.

Until they had to make that choice themselves.

Peter, regrettably, had been on the other side. The side that made the choice. The side that, at the time, believed what they were doing was right because it was the only visible way to them.

It had been nearly 6 months since the fire accident at the school. They had never planned the fire, but it turned out it was the best opportunity.

One of the old gas canisters had exploded causing a large fire to wipe across the entire school, however, someone was stuck inside. Or so everyone thought.

Peter had been stood outside with everyone else whilst they were all ash stained and smoke filled. Peter held onto MJ tightly, as if never wishing to let her go. People's parents were pulling up, Tony being one of them in search of Peter. However, when he got to him, Peter had made up his mind.

"I love you." Peter told MJ as Tony got closer.

"What? Peter, what are you doing?" MJ asked.

"Just know, I love you. I'll come and find you." He held her close, planting a kiss to the side of her head before looking back at her.

He ran inside.

To anyone else, he was running in to find the missing student. However, as he looked up behind him he spotted Tony and gave him a simple look. This was it. Tony understood. He wished he didn't have to, but he did.

Firemen tried to stop Peter but he was already inside the building in 'search of the student'. Thankfully, the student came running out not long after Peter ran inside except, that was when it happened.

The building went up in more flames than before.

MJ sprang forward in a scream, shouting out Peter's name, but Tony held her back, wrapping his arms around her tightly so she wouldn't go running into the flames.

Ned held onto Betty as she turned herself to look to his shoulder, tears escaping from her eyes. Peter was gone...

6 months down the line, Peter's funeral was held and people were trying to get back to normal. People questioned ' why did he have to run inside?' 'why couldn't he just stay where he was?' 'what was he thinking?'

MJ was still in a state of shock, but not as much as she would have been, if she hadn't seen Peter nearly a month ago, not a scrach on him.

She'd been studying for one of her finals when a light tap came on her window. At first, she thought it was just rain until it got louder and slightly more frequent. When she pulled her blind up, getting annoyed ready to shout at whatever bird was trying to make its way indoors, she saw him.

"Peter?"

"Told you I'd come and find you."

Peter smiled, hopping down from the wall and landing on the fire escape. MJ pushed her window up before stepping outside. "You're really here? It is you? I'm not just..."

"No," Peter smiled. "I'm really here. Believe me, it feels weird for me too."

"But I saw you! You ran into the building! It exploded!"

"I was out before it did. To be honest, this wasn't was how it was meant to go, but it was the best chance I could get."

"Best chance at what? A senior prank?"

Peter shook his head. "Grab your jacket and I'll explain everything to you."

MJ groaned, stepping back inside of her room and pulling her trainers on before grabbing her jacket. Holding onto Peter, he swung them over the city, MJ not looking out from the crook of his neck the entire time since, even though she was most people's fear, she had fears of her own.