Just Beginning

It had been years since Peggy had seen a love as true as the one she saw between Peter and Michelle. The last time she has seen such as love was between a couple she happened to see slow dancing in the streets late at night by the Brooklyn bridge. She'd been out walking when she spotted them. No music, just the lights of the stars and moon and themselves. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Except, there was just one tiny little problem. They always seemed to class one another as friends. Peter and Michelle that was. Peggy had watched for at least 3 years now, since they had first met Michelle. She'd watched every touch they shared, she'd seen every smile shared between them and every tear. That was why it frustrated her. They were so in love, but yet they could not see it. She'd watched and listend for 3 long years as they danced around one another, rather than with. That was why she had to do something about it. And so she did.

Marching up to the door, Peggy knocked three times, steadily. It wasn't long before the girl she was looking for answered. In front of her stood a 21 year old woman, tall and beautiful. She was still in her lounge wear; an old black t-shirt with a darker blue solar system and some faded writing. One she recognised to be Peter's infact. One she guessed he must have left here one night when he stayed over after a late night of studying. And a pair of grey joggers, one's of Michelle's own.

"Hey Peg, what can I do for you?" Michelle said, composing her self from the surprise visit.

"I was wondering if you had a moment." Peggy told her, "I wanted to talk to you about something."

Michelle nodded, "Yes, sure. Come in."

Peggy thanked her silently with a nod before walking inside. The pair walked through the house and towards the kitchen as
Michelle made them both some tea. "So, what would you like to talk about?"

"About you."

"About me?" She asked, pouring the hot tea into two mugs.

Peg nodded, "Yes. About yourself and...Peter."

"Peter? What about me and Peter?"

Peggy thanked her for the cup of tea before she held onto it. "I suggest we best sit down. This may take a while."

Michelle had her own idea of what they was about, and what Peggy was about to ask her. And she wasn't far off.

"MJ," Peggy told her, "I've seen the way you look at him. It's like I can see your heart grow larger every time you see him."

"But...why are you telling me this? If I am already in love-" MJ stopped herself before going any further. She knew Peggy was right but deep down, she wished not to admit it. She'd seen what could happen should she have admitted such a thing to someone.

But Peggy, she simply smiled. "Because as much as I love you both, I don't think I can watch you both dance around one another any longer."

MJ turned and looked away from Peggy. She placed her hands together between her knees before she looked down at the floor, closing her eyes to let out a breath. It was mostly silent, but it was like Peggy could hear calls. Calls of truth. Calls of relief. Calls of love.

"Does-" MJ looked back up to her, "Does anyone else know?"

Peggy smiled, "No. Nobody else knows other than yourself and I."

Slowly, MJ leant back against her sofa and placed her hands over her eyes and rubbed her face. "How long have you known?"

Peggy gave a small laugh. "Long enough to know that you and Peter both are made for one another. That it's nothing like I have ever seen before."