Secrets of the Past III

A few more hours passed before anyone could really come to terms with what was happening.

"So you?" Steve asked.

Peter nodded.

"And you?" Bucky asked.

MJ nodded.

Tony turned round to Natasha. "And you've known for...how long exactly?"

"A couple of months now." Natasha answered, smiling gently.

Tony turned back to Peter. "Why didn't you tell us the first time round?"

"Because...because I wanted to keep it a secret. The more people that knew, the more dangerous the situation becomes." Peter explained. "I knew if the information leaked out then the next thing I'd know would be that both MJ and the baby were in danger."

Bucky raised an eyebrow. "You keep saying 'the baby'. Do you not know the gender?"

"No, we wanted to leave it as a surprise." MJ answered.

"I still say it's a girl." May smiled.

Since that first day when Peter walked inside the apartment with MJ, she knew straight away that MJ was pregnant. The first time round, she did have a worrying feeling in the pit of her stomach. She just took it to be worry for Peter. It was a first for both of them. It would be a big first for Peter aswell as the baby.

Peter had lost his biological dad age 6 and then lost Ben at 14. May knew Peter would do everything in his power to ensure nothing would ever happen to the baby or MJ for that matter.

"No, I say it's a boy." Sam added.

Peter and Natasha smiled at one another. They both knew where this was going.

MJ raised an eyebrow, part of her had an idea she knew what was about to happen too. And she wasn't wrong neither.

"Want to bet on it?" Bucky asked.

Sam thought on it for a moment. "Sure. It's been a while since I've see you lose. Don't mind seeing it again."

Steve just let out a sigh and placed a hand over his eyes. "Not again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As it got closer and closer to midnight, MJ's contractions seemed to get worse and worse.

Granted, this was her first child and she was close to 10 cm.

Just as the doctor walked inside, MJ had just finished yet another contraction. They finished their small talk and soon enough the nurse gave her the news.

"You're 10cm." The nurse smiled. "We have to get you to delivery."

"Thank Fuck!" MJ let out.

The nurse chuckled to herself. There had been many times she's heard that exact same response.

Another hour and half passed and MJ was still pushing.

Screams and shouts filled the entire room as she did. 10 seconds later, she lay back down, sweat dripping from her.

"Okay. MJ, we're gonna need you to push once more and the baby will be out. Can you do that for me?"

MJ just managed to give a nod. Peter held her back and her hand as she gave one final push...