Say Anything

Nothing was ever going to change. It couldn't.

They was all always going to be in danger, there was no denying it.

But this was one time they wished they hadn't.

Tony hadn't left the compound in atleast a month or more. He'd eaten, but only when Steve or someone brought down food to him, which they did multiple times in the day.

Clint had been helping Steve find Natasha when she dissapeared out of no-where. She seemed to find places in the compound which no-one knew about, not even Tony.

Bucky was usually reading aloud some old history books, adding side comments with the truth where the books were wrong.

Sam was keeping his mind busy by cooking everyone's meals.

Wanda usually stayed by Bruce's side incase anything changed. But nothing ever did.

Pepper was trying to help Tony while he was in his lab. Sometimes she'd just sit there in the corner whilst she did her work, making sure he'd didn't crash to the ground and hurt himself.

They had all been like this for just over a month. They still couldn't believe it.

Just over a month ago, they had been on a mission. Tony, Steve, Natasha and Peter.

Everything was running smoothly, or as smoothly as it could ever get. They had never seen it coming.

Steve and Peter had been inside one of the rooms which something dropped in.

There was no widows, so they had no idea how it had gotten in, there was just the one door, and it hadn't come through there.

It was ticking, and within seconds it went off.

Peter jumped, pushing Steve out of the way. Steve hadn't seen it coming.

Someone must have had a gun positioned towards Steve's chest before Peter jumped since, when he did, not only did Peter take most of the hit from the bomb, but he also gained a large bullet wound to his torso...or stomach. It had been dark so Steve couldn't see where the bullet had hit him.

Natasha and Tony had been on the outside when they watched part of the building crumble down.

Natasha ran in, Tony shouting after her through comms. When she got in, she saw Steve pushing a large slab of stone roofing before it could hit Peter, possibly killing him even more if he wasn't already dead.

By the time they had gotten back to the compound, Peter had already slipped into a coma.

Bruce made sure that everything was okay with Peter, but he had a 25% chance of survival. Whatever they had put in the bullet, it was made to kill whoever it hit, from the inside-out.

He managed to get rid of the substance within Peter's body, but he'd need to mend his entire body. Even if he woke up, he wouldn't be allowed out of medbay for atleast another month and half, if not two.

"How's he doing?" Steve asked, as Bruce walked in.

"He's getting better by the day, but not alot." Bruce said, a frown on his face.

Wanda was sat by the counter, her head leaning on her hand.

"Has anyone checked in on Tony yet?" She asked them.

"Pepper's down with him now." Clint said, "What are we gonna do?"

Bruce sighed, "There's nothing we can do. Peter's body has to heal, and for Tony? No matter what we do, he won't listen to us."