Agents of Future

It had been years since Natasha had seen him.

He was her son, and yet it had been years since she'd seen him. Natasha had been in Red Room at the time, and had been searching for a way to escape. A way to find a break since she could never get out of the twisted, phyco world that she'd been forced into.

When he was around 3 years old, Natasha was sent out and away to a 3 month mission which would have forever changed her life. On the mission, she was caught by a Shield agent who would later become her family. Agent Barton was his name and he made a choice to save her, to bring her on.

They'd both faught one another until eventually Natasha could no longer take it. She was tired, she was scared, she felt broken. All she wanted was her son, yet she'd been told that she wasn't fit to be a mother, that people like 'her' would never be fit to be a mother.

Natasha faught with Shield for years. Every extraction of Red Room, every mission that even mentioned their name, Natasha wanted to be on it. She needed to be on it. She needed to find her son.

She'd faught them for months until Clint needed to know why. Why would she always fight them on this, he understood she wanted to take them down for what they did, but he also knew that there was more to it. There had to be.

"Because they took away my family!"

"What?"

Clint was confused. He knew of her family. She knew their whereabouts...

"They took him from me! I need to find him!"

"Find who? 'Tasha, what are you talking about?"

"My son, Peter, my son." Natasha continued to repeat.

Clint felt his heart drop. She was a mother...without her child. "Please, Clint, please, I have - I have to find him."

Clint instantly pulled her into a hug. Tears brimmed in her eyes and she called him 'Clint', something she only ever did when she was in need of help. Pleading not only to herself and the person infront of her, but to the world.

"We'll find him. It's okay, we'll- we'll find him." Clint told her, softly.

Clint had 2 children of his own, and a third on the way. The amount of fear and terror he could only imagine was enough to make him want to run and hug his family, but also find the boy, to find Natasha's son - and technically, his nephew.

However, years passed. Each child and teenager they rescued - not a single one of them was a child born of Red Room. Until a teenager around her son's age came running into Shield's base, papers flying all around him.

"Sorry - So- Oh!, Sorry. Really sorry. 'Xcuse me. Sorry. Hi, sorry I'm late it's just the subway and then an accident and then-"

"It's okay, just hurry before you're late again." The receptionist told the young boy.

Natasha had only saw the back of his head, the messy curls and the slightly torn blue jumper with his shirt sticking out from the bottom. But there was something about him, something that made her need to protect him.

Clearly, he was only an intern, quite possibly the youngest she'd seen pass through the halls of Shield. He thanked the woman at reception before waving goodbye, slipping all over the place before finally collecting himself together and running down the stairs and through the double doors towards the small office that all the interns had.

Slowly, Natasha made her way over to reception before tapping the desk. "Who is that kid?"

"Who? Peter? Oh, he's one of our interns. Very intelligent. I think it was Barton that brought him in. When I first saw him, he was covered in cuts and blood-"