Unknown Agent

Requested by mmcwhorter
The Avengers don't know Peter or the powers he has.

It wasn't uncommon knowledge that Natasha knew everything that went on within the walls of Shield, except, Fury was keeping at least one thing from her and that was the identity of a high class level shield agent who goes by the name Peter Parker.

It had been when he was around 15 that they found him to be the masked vigilanty that had been running around - or better yet, swinging around the streets of New York.

They knew he'd be a good asset to the team one day, but he would make an even better shield agent. With his powers, he could detect people, tell if they're lying everything that Fury and Natasha had to learn over the many years of being an agent.

Peter was mainly sent on missions that were more dangerous than what Natasha and Clint would be placed on. Fury couldn't risk two out of three of his best agents dying on him on a mission where, in the future, they could be needed for Avenging.

Except, the last thing Fury had on his mind was sending Parker in to protect the Avengers.

"I'm sorry, Director," Peter began, a soft chuckle coming to his voice. "But surely the Avengers can protect themselves, they are The Avengers after all, aren't they?"

"Doesn't mean they're not fogged out from ideas of our enemies." Fury told him.

"But won't someone recognise me? What about Romanoff?"

Fury stood up. "That's why you'll be undercover."

Fury handed him a file and continued explaining as he circled round the 20 something adult agent. "You'll be going undercover as one of the troops Hydra has surrounding their head quarters. We already have someone in on the inside, but since he got injured, you'll be stepping in for him. They've already recieved your fake file and you'll be gathering as much information as you can before Romanoff and the team get there."

"How long will I be undercover?" Peter asked him.

"2 months, 4 at the most." Fury answered. "More than enough time to understand everything that is going on. Hill already has everything you need on the jet. You're setting off, 6 sharp. Tell no one and trust no one. No matter who they are, they don't know you and you don't know them. No matter who you are meant to be friends with beforehand."

"Yes Sir."

Hours later, Peter arrived on the small island where HQ was stationed for Hydra. Peter kept to himself for the most of it. Some of the other troops began to suspect something but then hours later, they were found dead after one of the captain's killed them off because they hadn't been suspecting Peter, but rather the Captain and what was actually going on behind the doors that they were made to protect.

However, whilst Peter was lay down on the small camper bed that was set up in the bunk room, his phone buzzed from beneath his pillow. Fury.

Seconds later, the alarms went off. Intrution. Suddenly, people hopped up from their sleep and ran to place on their bullet brof vest and other equiptment before running out of the door, before Peter eventually was the only one left in the room, half sat up, half lay down, calmly.

They were here, and now he had to get to work.