Family Additions and Baby Fever

MJ is in labour and everyone is waiting for her to give birth.

MJ had quite possibly been in labour forever. Everyone had been waiting since her contractions had been getting stronger and stronger by the hour. However, the baby never came.

So this left everyone waiting.

"Does labour usually take this long?" Harley asked as he watched his brother walk back into the hospital room where his wife was lay in bed, getting ready to push the child out.

"I've read it can take a woman up to 24 hours to give birth." Betty said, looking up from her magazine to look to Harley.

In recation, his eyes just buldged out of his head as he gave a small whistle.

"What about you, Betty?" Wanda asked, sitting across from them. "You ever thought about having kids?"

However, Harley seemed to answer the question for her. "You're kidding right? It's all she thinks about."

"It's not all I think about. But, yes." Betty answered turning to Wanda. "I would want a child, one day. But, I'm in no..."

That was when a midwife and new mom with her baby in her arms walked by which only made her heart ache. "Sorry, what was I saying?"

Wanda smiled, "You'll be a great mom."

Betty smiled back before turning back to her magazine before her heart began to ache even more. "I'm gonna go and find Clint. He's probably fallen asleep by the vending machine again."

"Again?" Betty asked.

Wanda gave an exasperated sigh. "Don't ask."

Walking away, Wanda turned the corner leaving Betty and Harley alone. But, unthankfully for both of them, another mom walked by however this time with twins.

"Hey, how come she gets two? I don't even have one yet."

Harley turned his head as his neck rested on the chair to the side, yet behind her. "You'll get one."

"When? When will I get one? Because it seems the world hates me and only ever sends men who hate children my way."

Harley gave a sweet smile, "How about this? What's say when we're both 40, if neither of us have found anyone then you and I get together and have one?"

Betty furrowed her eyebrows, "Why won't I be married when I'm 40?"

Harley panicked. "No, I - I just meant hypothetically-"

"Okay, hypothetically, why won't I be married when I'm 40?"

Harley couldn't have panicked anymore. "Oh, oh dear god, I- I think Wanda's calling me. She- She's fallen asleep!"

Quickly, Harley ran around the corner, leaving Betty to give a slight laugh but still feel a little down.

More hours passed and MJ still hadn't given birth to her child. Wanda managed to eventually find Clint on the room, with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"So here you are. I thought I would have found you next to the vending machine."

Clint looked round her her, "Just woke up."

Wanda smiled, "Ah."

Meanwhile, inside Harley finally found his way back to the waiting room where he found Betty stood by the payphone.

"What do you mean this may be your only chance? Mom, mom, mom! Yes, MJ still knows that you have bagged favouite god-grandmother," Betty explained, reminding her mother about what she had told MJ when she was 18 after they all had a late night watching Call The Midwife.

"Mom, I'm only 29. I'm not even thinking about-"

Yet again, another mother walked by with a new born baby in her arms, causing Betty to cover her mouth before a small wimper came out.

That was when Harley came behind her, taking the phone from her making curshhhhhhh noises down the phone before hanging up.

Swiftly, he held Betty in a hug as she turned to him, one hand resting at the base of her back whilst the other held her head.

Part of Harley wished he could tell Betty the truth. The truth that he'd been in love with her since he first met her when they all went to camp together when they were 9.

However, before anyone could say anything, Peter appeared from the door looking both shocked, out of it and happy all at the same time.

"Pete?" Harley asked, just as Pepper and Tony came back from the cafeteria and Wanda and a very tired Clint came round the corner.

"I'm a father."

That was when they all burst into congratulations. Around an hour later, everyone was able to see MJ and their newly born daughter in MJ's arms.

However, when people looked up they had to take a second look before gasping.

"Oh, my God!" Pepper and Wanda exclaimed.

"What?" Clint asked, seeing Pepper's and Wanda's jaws wide open and Tony speechless - a very rare sight if he ever saw it.

"Oh, my god!"

Clint finally spotted it and Peter as well as MJ smiled. "Thought we'd keep it a surprise for you."

They'd had twins. One boy and one girl. "So..so...so who's?"

"She's the eldest, and he's the youngest." Peter told them as Wanda came to his side.

"Oh, MJ, Peter, they're both just...oh, my god." Wanda smiled.

Slowly and caefully, Peter handed his son over to Wanda. "Meet Natasha Elizebeth and Benjamin James."

Wanda smiled as she held her nephew in her arms, "I call favouite aunt."

Peter smiled, "Make sure to tell Carol and Nat before hand."

"I have enough witnesses." Wanda shrugged.

Eventually, as the hours passed Pepper and Tony, along with Wanda and Clint headed home to get some sleep and Harley managed to wake Betty up before she fell asleep on the sofa whilst talking to Peter and MJ.

"Drive safe." Peter told his brother.

"I will. I'll see you guys later."

Both of them said goodbye and Harley left with Betty - heading towards her apartment.

By the time they pulled up, Harley walked her inside but as she closed the door, thanking him, he thought. Maybe he just had to do it. Maybe he should just tell her now.

And so he did.

However, before he was able to knock on the door, Betty had already opened the door.

"Oh-" Both of them said in shock.

"I - I was just wondering, not that you have to say yes, but maybe you'd want to grab some coffee sometime? Maybe?"

Betty stood back and smiled. "Sure."

Harley looked up shocked, but tried to play it off as cool. "Great! Oh, well, yeah...great."

"I'll see you tomorrow." Betty smiled.

"See you tomorrow." Harley smiled back.

So, as they next day came Harley and Betty grabbed coffee and before they knew it, more days of coffee and talking and falling piled up until the day it came to their own child who carried their genes entering the world who would later walk down the ilse handing the rings over to them to finally make their vows in front of everyone they loved.