As Time Goes By

The last thing anyone expected of a stranger was for them to say that they are the long-lost daughter of Dr. Stephen Strange.

But, that was where they were.

Peter had been spending a little more time with Stange over the last few years as he began to become apart of the team, even if he prefered to work alone. Only, after an attack on a shopping mall in Brooklyn, Strange began to act differently.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Tony asked, getting a little adgitated that Stange kept looking over her shoulder every minute or two.

"I'm fine."

"Okay, but you keep looking over your shoulder every second, so I can't help but wonder if-"

Suddenly, Strange pulled Tony, Peter and Morgan around the corner. "What are you-"

"That girl." Stephen said, pointing to the brunette who walked up to the front of the Sanctorium. "Peter, do you know her?"

Peter looked around the corner a little to get a better view of her. "No. Why? Do you?"

Strange shook his head. "No."

"Hey, wasn't she that kid who helped that baby?" Tony asked.

He'd viewed and reviewed the footage of the CCTV inside the mall to remember her face. "Hey, she looks a little like you."

The girl continued to come back over the following week. She would walk up to the door, come close to knocking before turning away. Once, Wong had tried to see what she wanted since he had been walking up the steps behind her, bringing in a bag of shopping when she just apologised and turned away.

Peter had seen her, too. So had MJ and Betty. Betty and MJ had tried to do research on her and find out who she was or where she came from, but they couldn't find anything. All they had was a generic description. It wasn't much to go on.

But, that all ended when Peter "accidently" bumped into her and placed a tracker in her pocket.

So, once they finally found her location, Strange with Peter and MJ - maybe it would be better for her to have someone around her age, he went to see her.

She had been staying in a local motel. From what MJ got from the desk woman, the girl had been staying there for the last month. She had asked her about school but only got the reply that she had graduated at 15. Vetinary School. She worked as a vet.

MJ did question how the woman knew this and only moved away to show her little dog who had a bandage wrapped around his paw.

"Hit by a case of trollies at the supermarket."

Fifteen minutes later, Strange knocked on the door.

The following moments consisted of loud banging, a little falling before finally - after they heard multiple papers fall and multiple swear words - the door opened.

However, the girl who looked back seemed to make Strange's faces soften. He knew this girl, or rather, he had known her mother.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Do you know me?"

MJ, suddenly pushing her way to the front, pulled Strange back. "What he means to say is, you've been stood outside of his home for the last week? And you go to knock but don't. And you helped out a baby during the attack on Brooklyn Mall but yet we don't know your name but we have a feeling you know who he is?"

The girl regestered what MJ was saying before she stepped aside and allowed the three of them inside her room.

"Sorry about the mess." She apologised. "I'm doing a little filing for the office and I came across some old surgeries and I - I got a little caught-up."