Coming For Christmas

Garland was strung in the air, the Christmas tree was set up and was being decorated and the smell of gingerbread and cinnamon filled the air.

But there was one thing missing, Natasha didn't have her sister.

Natasha had spent most of her life with her sister and when she had finally found her again, she vowed to never let her go again. So when Christmas came about for the third year, Natasha was excited for her sister to, hopefully, come and visit.

Yelena had visited at other times in the year over the past couple of years, but she'd never come at Christmas.

But the thing was, Yelena wasn't coming.

Natasha had a call a couple of weeks previously from her sister. She had told Natasha that she couldn't come for Christmas, that every flight out of Russia was cancelled.

"Have you heard of Yelena yet?" Steve asked Natasha, as he continued to place ornements on the tree.

She shook her head, "No, the last update I got was that ever flight coming in and out of Russia was cancelled because of some big snow storm that was heading their way."

Steve knew how much Yelena ment to Natasha. She was her sister for crying out loud.

"Hey, Pete?" Tony asked as he walked in.

Peter looked up from the book he'd been reading, "Yeah?"

"Have you seen where I left - Nevermind," Tony said clicking his fingers, "I know where it is."

Peter chuckled as he turned back to his book. As he continued reading, Natasha's phone started ringing.

"It's Yel - Hey." Natasha said, answering the call.

"Hey, Merry Christmas." Yelena told her.

"Any news? Are you able to get out?" Natasha asked.

"No...because I'm not actually there."

Natasha's jaw dropped, "Then where are you?"

"Turn around."

Natasha dropped the phone from her ear as she turned around. Yelena was stood leant against the door way, her blonde hair in a french plat, baby hairs resting gently around her face.

"Merry Christmas." Yelena smiled, placing her phone in her back pocket.

Natasha ran over and engulfed her sister in a large hug.

"What? When did you get here? I thought you couldn't get out of Russia?" Natasha asked, flabergasted by the fact her sister was stood directly infront of her.

"I couldn't." Yelena answered.

Natasha hugged her younger sister once more, "That doesn't matter, I'm glad you're here."

Meanwhile, both Bucky and Sam had slowly made their way over to one another and had been speaking whilst Yelena and Natasha had been talking.

"Oh no." Bucky whispered.

"Run?" Sam asked.

"Yes, but maybe not just yet. She hasn't noticed us, maybe if we stay completly still she might not-"

"Hey boys!" Yelena smiled.

"Too late," Sam panicked, "Run!"

What followed was both Bucky and Sam scrabbling as fast as the could to get out of a door behind them. If a cartoon artist had been watching them, it would have looked like they was in an episode of Scooby-Doo.

"What's up with them?" Yelena asked as she approached Steve.

Steve chuckled, "Don't mind them. I think they're still terrified from what you did last year at Halloween."

Yelena smiled with a laugh, "Aw, that was a fun day."

"Yeah, it really was." Steve smiled, "How you doing Yel?" Steve asked as he hugged her.

"Pretty well actually." She smiled.

"How are you two holding up?" Yelena asked the couple.

"They're sickening." Peter said sarcastically.

Yelena turned round and smiled. "Hey Pete."

As the pair hugged, both sister headed off to catch up on what had happened, leaving Steve and Peter stood alone together.

"How long do you think it'll take for Sam and Bucky to come back?" Peter asked.

"Not long. Bucky has to get the buscits out of the oven in less than 20 minutes." Steve smiled.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

By the time Bucky and Sam had to come back into the kitchen, no-one was there. But yet Bucky still seemed to do roll in quietly, and pop up above the counter, a frying pan spatula in his hands.

When he looked around he saw no-one and let out a sigh of relief.

He quickly pulled the cookies out of the oven and transfered them over to a cooling rack. He brought the already cool ones over to the kitchen island counter and got out a piping bag.

"Whatcha doing?" Asked a voice as they popped above his shoulder, casuing him to scream and quirt icing all over the place.

Yelena stood behind him, trying her best to keep in her laugh.

That was when Steve walked in. "I'm not even gonna ask." He told them, "What I do want to know, is how you got out of Russia?"

Yelena picked up one of the cookies, dipping it into the squirted icing on the counter top. "Someone came for me."

"Should we be thanking them?" Natasha asked her sister, unsure on what she meant by her sentence. She didn't need another chase down mission again.

"If you want to thank anyone, it should be Peter. He was the one who came and flew me out."

At that moment, Peter walked in, confused why he was getting two shocked yet smiling faces, and two not so smiling faces.

"What?" He asked.

"You flew Yelena out?" Natasha asked him.

Peter smiled, "Oh, yeah. What's Christmas without family."

"Thankyou Peter." Natasha smiled, hugging him.

Both Sam and Bucky kept looking between one another in shock. "You did this?!"

Peter chuckled, "Yeah, I did. You're not...scared, are you?"

Sam shook his head in strong denial, "...No."

That was when Yelena stepped closer to the duo, causing them to give a small retreat in fear.

"You sure about that?" She asked them, quietly enough to scare the living daylights out of them both.

"Y- You know what? I- I just forgot, I had - I have a thing with Wanda - I...I'm gonna go and see what it was." Bucky stuttered in fear before slowly walking towards the end of the counter to only practically fly towards the door due to running so fast.

Sam chuckled nervously, "I'm gonna go help."

Sam just ran out of the room as fast as he could. Yelena and the others just laughed. Both a World War II Solider and a man who was in Pararescue. These two people who had saw more Hell than the Devil himself, was both terrified of a 22 year old woman.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry it's only a short one xx