Solider II

Around 2 pm, Wanda and Bucky finally found their way back to the Hotel after walking round the busy streets of London, laughing and talking to one another.

But something still bothered Bucky.

When he and Wanda found their way towards a small bookstore in Notting Hill, he could have swore he saw a brown, slightly curly haired boy or rather, young adult walk towards the front desk, pay for a book and walk out. His voice sounding familiar too.

"What you looking at?" Wanda asked, coming over to him.

"Nothing." Bucky said after a moments pause. "I-I just - I thought I saw someone I knew. It wasn't them."

By the time they got back, both Sam and Steve along with Peggy had been looking for the pair all morning since their phones were still in the hotel.

"Oh thank god." Peggy breathed out in a sigh of relief as she ran towards them from the reception desk.

She englufed Wanda in a large hug first before doing the same with Bucky.

"Peg, what's wrong? Has something happened?" Wanda asked.

"Yes! You two have been missing since 6 this morning!"

Bucky lowered his chest as he breathed out. "Oh."

"Yes, Oh." Peggy repeated.

"We were just taking a walk around London, we couldn't sleep."

Peggy calmed down after a moment. "It-It's okay. It was just when Sam told me you thought you saw someone yesterday and neither of you were picking up your phones, I just thought the worst."

A few hours later, everyone was getting ready to head to the Army Gala.

Steve was having his tie done by Peggy as he continued to stress. Steve knew how to tie a tie but when it came to him being stressed or freaking out, he couldn't ever concentrate.

"Come here." Peggy smiled, continuing to listen to her husband.

"I don't know why you're panicking. Everything will be okay." She soothed, neatening his tie as she finished.

"Thankyou." He smiled, giving her a gentle kiss.

Meanwhile, in Sam and Bucky's room, it was a little different.

"So? You gonna tell me what happened when you two went missing?" Sam asked Bucky.

"What's to tell? We went for a walk around London, we grabbed a coffee and then went to a small book store in Notting Hill."

Sam was confused. "I'm sorry. You went on a 'walk' and grabbed a coffee and went to a cosy small bookstore together and both enjoyed your time and you have a thousand opportunities to ask her out, yet you don't?"

"Round about, yeah."

Sam shook his head, letting out a long breath.

Sam had watched Bucky fall deeper and deeper in what he considered to be Love for Wanda for just over a year. 3 months in he questioned Bucky on it and then 2 months after pestering finally got a straight answer out of him. Then he watched as Bucky had a thousand opportunities and more to ask Wanda out but get nervous or chicken out at the last moment.

No-one else on the team knew, only Sam.

He'd had enough.

"Alright, that's it."

"That's what?" Bucky asked.

"I'm giving you until tomorrow night to ask Wanda out and for you to tell her how you really feel. If you don't tell her by tomorrow night, then I will tell her myself. One day you're going to wake up and wish you'd told her but by the time you do it will be too late. And I'm not being the one sat out on that old wooden poarch with you whilst you wallow in sadness." Sam explained.