Can't run forever, right?

Peter didn't really know how he'd got here. One minute he was in New York, the next he was England and walking through the streets of London.

Before he left, everything was okay. May was alive and healthy, he was just starting t build up the courage to ask out MJ. But then everything turned upside down.

There was a car crash and May was rushed to hospital only to be pronounced dead a few hours later. He just gave up. He was the last of his bloodline. He just couldn't take it anymore.

By morning, Tony nor anyone else could find Peter. They had a feeling he'd do something like this. They knew how close Peter was to breaking and folding under the pressure. It had been on his shoulders since he was 6 years old and adding being Spider-Man ontop, if it was anyone else, it would tear them to shreads.

Peter had no idea how long he'd been stood on the stone bridge in the small inner town of Bath. He just knew somewhere the sun was going to start setting soon.

It had been raining a few hours earlier so it was slightly cold and damp. No-one was around. They were either inside watching TV and wating for The One Show to come on after the news had finished, or they were out in the middle of a wood somewhere walking their dogs.

He'd been gone for a couple of weeks. Peter had kept in touch with Ned and he kept Peter updated on the funeral arangments which were slowly being set into place.

In the back of Peter's mind, he could sense someone approaching but didn't bother turning around to face them.

"You plan on staying there all day?" A voice asked him.

Peter turned his head slightly to see Steve stood there, hands in his pockets.

He looked back to the water running under the bridge.

"You follow me?" Peter asked

"Kinda," Steve smiled as he approached and stood on the left of Peter, "I came to visit Peggy's grave. I come every couple of months, just to make sure it's still clean...no leaves, broken branches, dead flowers."

"You really loved her, didn't you?"

Steve shrugged, "I don't think I ever stopped. But, the world keeps turning and moving on. The world doesn't stop, so why should me. Get up, move on, get on with life."

"When did it all become so hard?" Peter asked in a sigh.

"Maybe it always has been. We've just got on with it."

"I know. But how do we move on. I lost my parents at age 6, when Ben died I knew I had to be strong for May, not show so much emotion because when she freaked out, I freaked out and it was just...uugh." Peter shook off.

"And now your wondering who you've got to be strong for?" Steve said.

Peter nodded.

Steve sighed, "I've been on my own since I was eighteen. No sibling, it was just me and the folkes. After they died, the only person I really had was Bucky. We're all family Peter. I know what happened with May, but we're all still here for you. You don't have to always be strong you know?"

"I know, but...it's just...If I show weakness, it can be used against me. I promised May I'd always be strong for her." Peter told him.

"What are you gonna do?" Steve asked after a moments of silence.

Peter paused, he knew that running away couldn't always be his option.

"You can't run forever, right?"

Peter shook his head, "I know. But it's still an option."

"The more you run, the more we're gonna come and find you. Natasha has purposely stayed away from killing Clint because she doesn't want to break her promise to you."