03

III

THREE

THREE.
the story of eden and dominic.

1850

THE SMALL QUIET CORRIDORS were empty as nineteen-year old Eden creeped through; Cautiously watching each step she took, and corner she turned. Every staff had been aware of Eden since she was first admitted. It was normal for witches to receive more caution than others.

They were known to be the cause of some of the worst atrocities in history.

Although in Eden's case, she wasn't an average witch. If she had tried now to attack someone powerful, there is no doubt she wouldn't make it out alive—at least not alone. That why Eden was hardly given any contact with the other supernatural. She was even put into a different confinement space, since the normal rooms were spelled with magic.

     She was always isolated. Never really got to make friends, or simply talk with another. That was her life here at the sanitarium. Alone and cruel. Which lead Eden breaking out of her room. It was the only way she was going to have any freedom. She heard footsteps shuffle down the corner. She pressed her back against the wall.

     A nurse holding folded blankets on her arm, walked passed Eden—who had held her breath. Eden was holding onto a stone that carried magical elements, allowing her to cloak herself from the nightly staff. Before Eden could move an inch, The nurse turned back, staring skeptically.

      A breath was caught in Eden's throat. Slightly worried she would get caught. Fortunately, she shrugged it off before continuing down to take another turn, out of Eden's view.

      Eden let out a relieved sigh. As she continued to walk around the corner. She paused in her tracks as the slip of a door came to view. She inched closer, hearing the shuffling of plastic rub together. Eden took a quick look between both ends of the hall, before quickly slipping into the closet and closing the door behind her.

She heard a figure jump from behind her in the dark closet. She turned to scream, resorting to covering her mouth with the palms of her hand. The other person ran to the corner. The room was too dark for her to see any features of the other person. She suspected it was a patient who broke out of their room as well.

      Eden held out the stone, mumbling a spell, the stone turned into a bright blue light; Illuminating the room, allowing her eyes examine the room clearly. She stared as the man pressed himself against the wall in the corner.

      He wore the same light blue uniform Eden had seen for the past decade. It was the only pair of clothing she had worn most of her life.