27

XXII

TWENTY SEVEN

TWENTY SEVEN.
heartbreak comes before revenge.

EDEN WALKED THROUGH THE NARROW tunnels heading to the underground chamber that Louisa Peterson was locked up in. Eden was furious for too many reasons to count. She had been restless the whole night.

Klaus noticed this behavior when seeing her strutting through the compound and heading straight to the hidden door that lead to the underground chambers; Her eyes carried a tunnel vision focused on where she was heading for.

Not only did she hear Marcel was released from his captivity, but after explaining everything to Dominic of what had been troubling her that morning had gone the opposite way — she was completely out of the wind. The whole night she was frozen in state, thinking over if she did the right thing. Yet, it's didn't matter, she always doubted herself. It wasn't anything new in the mind of Eden King.

LAST NIGHT.

      Dominic had came into the living room with a glass of water in his hand. He handed to a shiver Eden, who had head buried into her hands. Slightly shaking side to side. Dominic could hear her thoughts internally battening within her mind.

      Dominic softly placed himself by Eden's side, the only place he liked to be in troubling times. Eden slightly jumped, as she felt the couch sink a bit with the presence of her friend sitting beside her. Dominic carefully held out the water she gratefully took with a side smile.

     He watch her tentatively take a sip, forcing it go down her throat with a wince. She quickly placed it down on the coffee table. Rubbing her sweaty hands on her skirt, in hopes to hide her nervous estate; Although, no doubt Dominic caught on.

      "What happened Eden?" Dominic asked, with concerning brown eyes. Eden lifted her head, glancing side to side, yet avoiding Dominic's gaze.

      "Look," She sternly said. "What's i'm about to say is something that'll upset you. So, please be rational with your behavior."

      Her tone made Dominic sit straight on the couch, from his slouched behavior as he sat leaning forward. Dominic furrowed his brows. Eden had always let him express any type of concerns or questions, to show equality in the relationship they had (even when most of the time she didn't agree with his opinions). But it always worked.

      "Eden, obviously something is bothering. You have never acted this way, and i'm worried. So, just say it as it is." Dominic excused, with no hesitation. He just wanted to help, it was what he was good at.