24

XIV

TWENTY FOUR

TWENTY FOUR.
skeletons in a very deep closet.

     AFTER ARRIVING BACK into New Orleans, the Mikaelson's had received news that they didn't want to here. Vincent's spell did not do much as Hope was still sick from whatever was happening to her.

     Eden had went to visit the young Mikaelson. Klaus had called her to come and help find another solution as Freya was busy. Eden had checked on her, but resulted in needing a magical object of hers she'd hadn't seen since she had been locked away.

     Dominic had told her he had moved their item from their apartments to a house he had compelled from a landlord, to stock their items till the day Eden would come back.

    Eden and Dominic excited the car on the side of the road. Eden squinted her eyes as the sun shinned bright. The house was dainty two-floor home in a well maintained neighborhood. It had beige walls with olive green shutters.

     Eden and Dominic approached the front door, stepping onto the porch. Dominic pulled out the keys, glancing at Eden who was still examining the home.

     "It's been kept maintained by a neighbor I compelled." He spoke up unlocking the door. He opened it revealing boxes around the living room.

     It had simple furniture, like the familiar couches and dinning table that was placed in a separate room. A rustic fire place

     "You have good taste." Eden complimented turning back to face him with a smile. "I see why you like it."

     Dominic began opening boxes in search of a goblet Eden had stored away. Eden continued walking around the home. Approaching the dinning table Eden found a velvet box. She curiously grabbed it opening it. She found the silver bracelet with the emerald stones on them.

She pulled it out the box, holding it on the palm of her hand. She let out a sigh at the sight.

"I found it in the ruins." Dominic spoke up. Eden turned around to look at him.

"I had gone back after everything... hoping to find you." He let out a breathy chuckle before walking towards her. "That was all that was left."

Eden followed where he was pointing to the bracelet. "I had took it as a sign that you were still alive. It would just be a matter of time till you showed back up again."

Dominic took it out of her hand. He delicately clasped it back onto her wrist, as they both felt the magic connecting them once more.