23

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X03

TWENTY THREE.
trouble in the waters.

"WHAT THE HOLDUP?" Kol questioned to the rest of their siblings who stood or sat around the porch. Eden leaned against the railing alongside Dominic. Klaus leaned against the wooden beam, occasionally glancing at Eden.

"All right, we rescued Nik and Eden, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" Elijah ignored Kol, till he snatched the news paper in his hand.

     "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way—I can assure you haven't missed much."

"Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough." Elijah responded calmly to his youngest brothers concerns.

"We have our niece to consider." Rebekah added on.

"Kol has a point." Freya pointed out, standing up from the rocking chair; Receiving a prideful smile from him. "We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."

"We're not going anywhere today." Klaus intervened to the debate from his sibling. "I want one day of peace with my daughter. Before we uproot her."

"Any delay is a risk." Freya directed to Klaus, as Eden and Dominic stood quietly.

"One day." Klaus pleaded, emphasizing his seriousness on the matter. "We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed, and i'm not asking!"

     The door clicked open, causing everyone to quite down. They all turned to Hayley staring at them all, alongside an auburn hair girl, who seemed nervous at the amount of people standing at her porch.

"Everybody, look who's awake." Hayley spoke, holding onto the hand of a seven-year old girl. The Mikaelson's had collectively stood up all together, with a welcoming smile on their face.

"Hello." She timidly directed to Klaus, who slightly approached her.

"Hello." Klaus responded, with a comforting voice. Hoping not to frighten the young child.

"Mom, can I go play in the garden?" Hope asked, looking up to Hayley.

"Yeah. Sure." Hayley spoke. Hope walked down the porch steps, everyone watched carefully as Hope left, before letting out a sigh.

"See the little girl doesn't even want us here." Kol spoke up, turning away from the rest with an irritated look on his face.