28

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X09

TWENTY EIGHT.
sacrifices never go as planned.

       EDEN STIRRED AWAKE IN THE bed of Niklaus Mikaelson. Eden had fluttered her eyes ajar, before letting out a small groan. She blinded her eyes with her hand, as the sun seeped through the blinds. The humming of Niklaus Mikaelson echoed through Eden's ear as she sat up.

She carefully watched as Klaus seemed focused on the canvas he was working on; Completely different art work than the one displayed from last night.

Klaus glanced back at her with a soft smile with a light beam hitting the side of his face, his eyes sparkling brightly. Klaus placed down the brush on the easel, rising from the stool and heading towards the side of the bed Eden laid on. She propped herself up with her elbows. Klaus sat down on the bed, as it sunk with his weight. He reached out his hand, caressing her soft pale cheeks.

     He closed the space giving her a soft kiss. His lips tr to her inner hand he had grabbed ahold of. It started softly in her palm, trailing slowly down to her wrist. He held it with his hand, conserving the warmth of her body from being wrapped in the blanket.

     "What are you working on?" She asked, titling her head to the side to peek at the canvas. Klaus turned back, approaching the easel. He picked it up and leaned it on the wall, the back of the canvas facing Eden.

     "It's a surprise for later." He said with a mischievous grin once he faced back at Eden. She had sat up completely on the bed, her arm wrapped on her crouched knees.

      Eden let out a hum with a smile creeping on her face. "You can't keep secrets hidden from a heretic for long, Nik. Even you should know that."

     Klaus let out a chuckle, standing with his arms crossed. "Oh, love, trust me. I know."

Klaus pulled on a jacket from a nearby dresser, adjusting it. Eden noticed it before pulling off the blanket, and planting her feet into the cold wooden floors.

"I went ahead an picked up some of your clothing, love. If you need me i'll be downstairs with Hope." Klaus spoke, his hand resting on the door handle.

Eden turned to look at the side table next to the bed, a nice folded pile of clothing resting their. Eden let a small smile creep onto her lips, she quickly rushed to stand before Klaus, crashing her lips onto his as her hands held onto the sides of his face.

Klaus instinctively placed his hands on her waist; Closing the small space between their bodies, leaving no room for interruptions. Eden abruptly pulled away, her lips hovering near to his ear.