33

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X12

THIRTY THREE.
hope is all we need.

    "KLAUS I TOLD YOU." Marcel exclaimed in annoyance. He had explained the story as descriptively as he could. Knowing how negligent it would be to leave out any details with Klaus. "I don't know where she is. If I did I would help you to put you out of your misery."

     "So, she just stopped by your penthouse unannounced?" Klaus questioned impatiently, pure annoyance and worry in his expression. "No reason?"

     Marcel sighed out, his hands resting on his hips. He bowed his head. "She went to ask me to do her a favor."

     "She never once disclosed to you where she was going?" Klaus continued pushing, Marcel feeling the pressure of Klaus desperate need for answers he himself didn't have.

      "No, she didn't." Marcel responded with a groan, glancing up at Klaus with a stare. "But, she acted like she was making her amends."

     "What did she ask you to do?" Hayley asked, who sat on the couch, to anxious to stand around with the rest.

     Marcel thought quietly to himself, internally debating whether it was his message to share. Yet, he knew he had no choice now. "She asked me to hold a letter. For Dominic. In case things didn't end well."

     Marcel glanced up at Klaus as he said that. Klaus face fell, and Marcel instantly regretted the words that came out of his mouth. He let out a deep sigh.

     "Klaus," Freya spoke softly, as to try not to erupt the bubble within her brother that growing slowly as all the puzzles clicked for him. "This doesn't mean she's—"

     "And it doesn't assure us she isn't!" Klaus argued, turning to his right to look at Freya. "You couldn't find her earlier, and now we won't know for certain."

    "Klaus, you can't just give up like this." Rebekah advised sternly, her arms folded over her chest. She had joined after Freya shared it with the rest feeling they needed all the help they can get. She slowly advanced closer to her older half brother.

     "Had this been the other way around, she would've done whatever to save you." Rebekah said, in hopes it would motivate him. Give him hope that it would be worth the frustration.

    "Rebekah's right." Freya agreed with a deep sigh, although she knew the chances of the outcomes changing were unlikely. "We've got to try and find her no matter what we may think. That means starting from zero."