10

BASED ON EVENTS IN 3X07

TEN.
murder at the dinner table.

"AM I TO ASSUME THAT you've gone completely mad?" Elijah questioned his younger brother whom he found being friendly with the delusional Aurora De Martel. He was certain his brother had gone completely out of his mind bringing her to their home.

"You see madness, I see method." Klaus responded, handing Elijah a glass, in which he took it hastily. Elijah walked away from where he stood.

"And that method would be what, Niklaus? To fornicate with the she-devil who took our sister?"

"To be clear, The Strix took our sister. Aurora simply hijacked her. I will get Rebekah back. Trust me." Niklaus assured his older brother, staring off to the side at the thought of Aurora.

"Keeping Aurora close garners the goodwill we need." Elijah took it to consideration before preceding with the questions.

"Well, it is a bold-if lecherous-plan. Will you employ the same tactic when it comes time to retrieve the medallion from Lucien and Tristan?" Elijah turned to face his younger brother, who leaned his arm against the mantle of the fireplace.

"They're not really my type." Klaus sent his brother a smirk, although he didn't appreciate his brothers horrendous timing to make dastardly jokes.

Klaus sighs sensing his brothers uneasiness. "There must be another way."

"Aurora will always protect Tristan..." Elijah spoke in thought. "And, given that he and Lucien are aligned, the three of them together have a distinct advantage on us."

Klaus was intrigued by where his brother was going, he watched as an idea lit up during his active brainstorming. "...Unless we break that advantage."

"Now there's a strategy I wholeheartedly endorse." Klaus pointed to Elijah, treading closer to him. "What do you have in mind?"

"It's Thanksgiving." Elijah brought up. "Let's invite them for a friendly meal, systematically turn them against one another, and then devastate their pitiful alliance."

"We can use the presence of Eden King to our advantage." Elijah abruptly shared, causing his brother to choke on his drink.

"You dare team up with that horrendous woman?!" Klaus asked, shook by the mention of his name. He believed they all agree to try and rid themselves of Eden, but apparently they weren't all in the same boat.

"About that, brother..." Elijah innocently began. "Eden King has agreed to work with us. Under the circumstances you leave her alone."

"She was the one causing damage in our home. How am I supposed to trust her with all the lies she's told?" Klaus pointed out frustrated. It was bad enough they were inviting their sire's into their home, adding Eden King and her lap dog into the mix. There was no doubt the night would be interesting.