35

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X13

THIRTY FIVE.
till the sun shines on us again.

"I'M SORRY, NIK." EDEN WHISPERED as she held his hands in her own, the warmth of one another's grasp comforting dispute the solemn silence. Klaus sat next to her on the antique sofa, while Dominic sat on the other sofa across in the study.

     Eden sat Klaus down as he explained the plan Vincent had came up with to remove the Hollow from Hope. Eden had to admit, theoretically it made sense, but Eden wished, for Klaus' sake, there was other way to go about it. She knew he'd lose himself completely if he was forced from seeing his family.

     "I spent five years in Marcel's captivity, in order to save my family." Klaus muttered, his head bowed, grazing the pad of his thumb over Eden's hands. "And now, I'll be banned from seeing my family for the rest of our immortal life."

      "There's has to be something else to trap the Hollow in." Dominic spoke up, making Eden turn her head to look at him. She saw the hope still glimmering in his eyes.

      "Vincent said it had to be related to Hope by blood." Klaus responded. "That is the only way to keep the Hollow away from her."

      "I can try to siphon her out of Hope." Eden suggested softly, although it now sounded bizarre coming out of her mouth. "Maybe, I can siphon her magic, and release it into something else."

      "That could kill you, Eden." Klaus stood up abruptly letting go of Eden's hands. She knew the idea would frustrate him. "I will not risk your life for my family again."

      "I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't up for it." Eden responded, quirking her head to the side. Klaus shook his head, turning to have his back face her. Eden glanced over at Dominic who was also very distraught over the situation like herself.

     Rebekah and Elijah walked into the study. Rebekah carried a panicked look on her face, and although Elijah always carried a noble demeanor, it was certain this situation was nagging at him like the rest of his siblings.

     "Kol won't answer his bloody phone." Rebekah exasperated, her hands landed by her sides, almost defeated. "Neither has Hayley."

     "I'll try." Klaus responded, pulling out his phone from his pocket and dialing his youngest brother. He pulled the phone away from his ear, once he heard the start of Kol's voicemail.

"What will you guys do if Kol doesn't respond before it's too late?" Dominic asked, receiving the attention of all the vampires except Klaus.