34

XXXIV

THIRTY FOUR

THIRTY FOUR.
an eye for an eye.

THE FLUORESCENT LIGHT of the beam of sunlight peaked through the blinds and curtains of the windows in Niklaus' bedroom. The warm heat of the suns rays warmed the collided bodies of Klaus and Eden, who embraced one another under the soft sheets of his bed. Eden's check rest softly against Klaus' bare chest, rising as he breathed gently.

Klaus had been awake for awhile. After the night they had, sensing the amount of love they carried for one another, he couldn't help but stare at her graceful expression as she slept.

In all honest, Klaus still couldn't believe he was loved by a wonderful woman like Eden. He felt unworthy of her love, but he was glad he could finally call her his.

Eden groaned quietly, the light shining directly to her closed eyelid. She squinted them shut, hoping she could sleep in a little more, till the soft sound of a baritone chuckle fluttered in her ears. She smiled at the joyous sound filling the room.

     "I can sense you're watching me, Nik." Eden muttered, slightly humming. She rose her hand to rub her eyes.

     "Don't act like you don't enjoy it." Klaus responded slyly, brushing her hair gently with his finger tips. The warmth felt enticing, and he found himself wanting to keep her at arms length at all times.

     Eden lightly slapped his arm playfully. The smile on her facing proving she was amused by the comment. "I hate you."

Klaus let a chuckle out of his lips. Eden loved the way his eyes shined. "I seriously doubt that."

     Eden finally opened her eyes. She sat up from the bed, sitting against the bed frame. She stared down at Klaus with a small smile. "How long have you been awake anyways?"

"Not that long," He responded still staring at her with an admiring glaze. His smile remaining soft. "You seemed peaceful in your sleep."

     Eden chuckled glancing away from Klaus for a brief minute. When she turned back to him, his blissful face turned pensive. Eden furrowed her brow at his sudden change of mood.

"What are thinking about?" She muttered softly, waiting for a response.

"I'm thinking about when Dominic first brought you here. How I saw you limp in his arms." Klaus remembered, letting out a heavy sigh. He began to brush Eden's hair to call his thoughts. "All I could think about was how much I wished you were in a peaceful sleep."