17

BASED ON EVENT IN 3X19

SEVENTEEN.
sometime death happens.

"OW, OW, WHAT IS THAT?" Camille winces as Klaus pressed a cloth against the bite that Lucian had left her last night. Hayley sat across from Camille, as Freya stood. It was a grim sight when they first saw Camille visit the compound that morning.

"It's a healing salve. Motherwort, white willow bark, the recipe's over a thousand years old." Freya responded to Camille, trying to remain calm in the presence of an ill Camille.

"So the good stuff, huh?" She joked with a small smile. Feeling the grim emotion in everyone's face.

"It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms, but... it won't stop the infection." Freya sadly informed Camille. Knowing Klaus hated to the thought of Camille dying.

"So I'm screwed?"

"We're gonna do everything that we can, Cami." Hayley assured, glancing at Klaus who sat beside Camille on the couch; His head bowed down.

       Klaus was speechless at the moment. He worried that whatever words were to come
out his mouth, would help at all; Or he'd be too scared to say anything at all. He hadn't felt grief in a long time, and didn't want to know. Especially for someone he had grown close with.

"To that end, a little assistance." Elijah spoke walking into the study room, Vincent following behind. Once Vincent caught a look at Cami, his face saddened.

"Cami, I'm so sorry." Vincent apologized sincerely, a sorrow look in his eyes.

"You should be." Klaus spoke up, with a cold tone, flickering his eyes to glare at Vincent. "This is your fault."

"It was you who turned Lucien into a beast." Klaus stood up, heading towards Vincent. Elijah stopped him in his track, placing an hand on his chest.

"Klaus, stop. It's not his fault." Camille spoke up, in hopes of preventing Klaus from doing anything to Vincent. Violence was the last thing they needed during her last hours.

"Cami's right. We all need to work together to fix this." Hayley added in agreement, helping her stop Klaus angered temper.

"Yeah," Klaus muttered, collecting himself.

"Yeah, I think I know how to fix it." He turned around facing the woman in the room.