22

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X02

TWENTY TWO.
we stay connected in
our dreams.

5 YEARS LATER

      EDEN KING LAID ON the dirt floor. She cradled herself, as her skin felt cold, yet burned for the desire to release all the mustered up magic being held within herself. She felt her body tiring from the pressure of the drug injected to her daily for the past years she had been stuck underground.

There was no doubt her skin was pale, and her lips chapped. It had been years since she felt a taste of blood slip through her mouth. She was at the worst estate of her life, and she was left alone to face it.

"It's tragic isn't?" A male voice spoke up, Eden fluttered her eyes open. Her vision was slightly blurry, as she tried to make out the figure standing before her. "You always were weak."

Eden quickly sat up, when recognizing those dark eyes. Her breathing quickened at the sight of her father. He wore the same article of clothing Eden had last saw him in. His hands folded behind him.

"So much for being powerful, am I right?" Alistair jokingly spoke, taunting Eden. She glanced down at the shackles around her wrist, ones that had slowly grown heavier—and the barrier formed around her—keeping her from escaping this hell altogether.

"You're not real..." She muttered. More as assurance to herself that this was a nightmare, and his taunts were all in her head.

"You're right. Yet, I still haunt you in your darkest hour." Alistair approached the barrier. Eden scoot as far as she could, keeping her distance away from her father.

"You once said I'd witness a real monster." Alistair crouched inches away from the barrier, cocking his head to the side, amused by Eden's fear. "It didn't seem like that lasted very long, now did it?"

     "You may not be real, but I can still kill you if I wanted too." Eden gritted through her teeth, clenching her jaw.

     "Again with the schoolyard taunts!" Alistair exclaimed, standing up and turning his back against her. "You never did learn did you?"

     "Oh, I've learned plenty." Eden countered. She slowly stood from the ground. "Enough to know that in the end, I won. Because you're dead."

     "Look at you!" He exclaimed, his arms opened wide—indicating to the shackles and her dirty clothes that rubbed uncomfortably on her skin. "Who are you against me? You're nobody!"