21

XXI | TRIGGER WARNING:
MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

XXI | TRIGGER WARNING:MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

TWENTY ONE.
all my trouble on a
burning pile.

1852

EDEN AND DOMINIC SAT on the floor of the familiar supply closet they met at. Dominic hesitantly pulled out a small vile Eden had handed him a few day ago; Filled with his blood. Eden took it in her hands, examining it carefully. Dominic stared worriedly at her. Eden catching his estate let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Eden questioned concerned. Dominic glanced at the vile in her hand.

"Look, I'm new to this... vampire stuff. How can we be certain this will work?" Dominic asked. When he turned, he had woken up after being robbed, and beat in town.

He had laid defenseless on rough dirt, waiting for he moment his heart would stop; And it did, till he woke up healed from all wounds. It was a strange feeling dying and waking up as if nothing happened. There was an uncomfortable chilling feeling that ran over him while overlooking his path to vampirism.

"This blood, will turn me into a vampire." She indicated to the vile of blood she held with her fingers. "I will then be able to siphon off myself, still being a witch."

Dominic wearily stared between the siphoners and the vile of blood in her hand, before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Be careful." Dominic advised, as Eden gave him a small smile.

The night after, Eden had assured she had everything she needed to complete the transition. Eden had to admit, she was a bit nervous of the outcome. Not the fact she'd have fangs and a need for blood, but how her magic may advance. How much she'd be able to do after becoming a vampire.

Eden sat on the floor of her room, staring at the vile. Opening the cork, she hesitantly drank the blood, leaving a metallic after taste. Eden swallowed it down, in hopes to remove the unpleasant taste from her tongue.

     Eden grabbed the knife placed in front of her, holding it in her hand. She had found it in a closet full of magical items, stealing the knife for this exact moment. Eden siphoned the magic from the knife, as her hand glowed red. When all the magic was sucked out, she inhaled a deep breath.

     Bringing it up to her throat, she quickly penetrated it through her skin, sliding it across smoothly. The blood spilled out the cut, staining her hand, clothes and floor below her. She shivered, gasping for air, before falling on the floor. Her body fell cold, then all together stopped breathing.