12

BASED ON EVENTS IN 3X09

TWELVE.
tradition begins with family.

      A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED, and it was official christmas day. After Eden conducting the spell, they were able to conclude it was Aurora de Martel acting upon her jealousy. Footage from the elevator in Lucians penthouse proved it. Niklaus was able to retrieve his close therapist safely, with a few scratches, and new found information to find his younger sisters; Who was still stuck under the bottom of the ocean.

      Eden laid on her bedroom floor. She stared up to the projection of the stars on the ceiling. She ran her eyes of the color that washed over the once bare ceiling.

       She needed this calamity in her life, especially around this time of year. It wasn't a pleasant sentiment she got. It wasn't happy memories that flooded her senses. It was the ones she dreaded most.

      Dominic softly knocked on the doorframe of her room. She sat up, crunching her knees near her chest.

      "Is something wrong?" He asked, pointing up to the projection she had caused. He was familiar with it. It was the first piece of magic Dominic had experienced.

       She didn't respond anything. No sarcastic remark. Dominic took it as something had been bothering her. He took a seat in front of her as she rested the side of her head on her arms.

      "What's wrong?" He mumbled carefully. Hoping not to upset his friend.

      "I felt homesick." She plainly responded, indicating to the sky above them. Dominic looked up, feeling a sense of nostalgia wave over him; When things weren't as complicated.

      "I thought you hated the sanitarium?" Dominic questioned, looking at Eden, who stared above at the sky.

     "I did," Eden sighed out. "But I spent thirteen-years of my life there. It was the only place I had really known."

      "I don't even recognize any memory before that..."

      "Except the bad ones." Dominic added. She tilted her head down to look at him, sending him a small nod.

"Yeah..." Eden muttered under breath, as the realization hit her. That was all she had for a childhood.

       "It was around this time that I was first admitted into the sanitarium." Dominic tensed at what she just spoke.

       Eden had mentioned before that she was quite young when she first entered into the horrid place, but he never really understood why or how she even got to that place in the first place. He had always assumed it was because of how different she was to normal witches; But he knew there was more darker secrets beneath the surface.