( prologue. )

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

1852

    EDEN KING SUFFLES down the burnt out corridor, that once held innocent victims like her. Perhaps some were true monsters—but Eden never was a monster. Not intentionally at least. She grew up in a household—an asylum that made her believe those things to be true. Made her believe that all the horrible things she suffered through were to justify who she really was. An unordinary witch.

    An unordinary witch that everyone downgraded. She wasn't born a normal witch. She was born not being able to posses her own power. Having to rely on others. Something no one understood. No one helped and Eden was alone. Alone facing a darkness that she couldn't harness herself. No one understood or knew what to do. Allowing everything to consume her. The words of those who looked below her. Coming from friends, family, coven members.

    Never ending words, describing how strange she was.

    After being sent to the asylum for 'insane' supernatural creatures, Eden began to believe the words that everyone said. After hurting her younger brother and sister, she couldn't trust herself with others her age. Or anyone at all. Believing what everyone said was right all along.

    She was abnormal—a monster.

    A monster beyond repair. Eden lost hope in herself. She believed that she would stay broken, and never be fixed. How can an innocent person—blamed to be a monster, be cured from the hatred words of others?

    You can't.

    But when you have someone to lean on, it made it easier. Eden didn't trust everyone. How could she? The people she believed to trust disappointed her during her worst time, and it ruined her completely. Being scared of hurting someone or even worse always haunted Eden. But when she met someone worth knowing. Someone who went through the same thing as she did, it gave her hope.

    That led her here. Stumbling down the narrow corridors. The ones that've been burned through out the whole building. The empty bunkers they were held in most of the day. Especially those who were truly dangerous.

    Eden felt nothing. After being told the down falls into turning into a vampire, she knew there were more pros than cons on her list, and turned.

    Turning allowed her the one thing she didn't have before. Unlimited power.

    Being able to siphon from herself. Not having to rely on the magic around of her. Being able to finally fend for herself made her powerful. There was no doubt that with the power came the heighten emotions that didn't sit well with Eden. She felt the flicker after she fed for the first time and she knew the only way to feel completely powerful was to stop it. To flip it off.

    Eden took her first steps outside. It had been years since she'd seen the night sky or trees. Years trapped in a secured building full of supernatural creatures labeled as monsters. Eden heard shuffling behind her and turned around slowly, showing no emotion on her face.

    Dominic appeared out of the disaster Eden left. His once pastel blue uniform stained black from the explosion.

    "H-how are you feeling?" Dom walked slowly towards the woman he turned not to long ago. He's never done it before and hoped it wouldn't have killed her in the process. Eden smirked towards the worried vampire.

    "I feel..." She said slowly. "Eccentric." She turned around and began to walk normally down the dirt road—since the facility was in the middle of nowhere. Far away from civilization from getting hurt. She had walked a few feet when she turned around once more seeing the newbie vampire still standing in his place, not sure where to go from there.

    "Are you coming?" Eden asked him. He seemed confused from her question. He understood she only wanted the blood and to leave the place. He never believed that she'd actually find an interest in the newbie vampire.

    "And where are we going exactly?" He asked, catching up to where the new vampire witch stood.

    "You and I, Dom." Eden said. "Are going to have fun."