|ten|

- Olivia -

Days till Break: 4

"Pansy love I can still use my other hand" I giggled as she tried to feed me my oat meal, she was trying to comfort me in her own weird way. This morning when I told her what I said to Malfoy she looked almost as hurt as me but understood. 

It was a weird feeling, very weird feeling that we weren't friends anymore. There would be no random snarky comments or playful-ish bickers back and forth, I hadn't seen him this morning which is the only reason i'm doing okay so far. 

Madam Pomfrey said I had a severely bruised bone and wrist, she told me I had to stay off of it for a few days and I would be all good. She wrapped it in one bandage to apply a small amount of needed pressure. 

"I can carry your book bag" Theo offered but I shook my head, I won't let them baby me. I was still capable of doing things on my own with my one good hand. 

Blaise cleared his throat, I looked at him as he motioned behind me. I twisted around prying to Merlin it wan't Malfoy. Cedric. 

Oh fuck Cedric, I was supposed to go to the perfects bathroom party with him. "Walk me to class" I asked with a pleading smile. "How could I say no" I let out a sigh of relief, he didn't seem mad. 

I told Pansy I would see her in class and she begged me to be careful, they were making my wrist injury bigger than it was. Yes it hurt like a bitch but a little plain never bothered me, that much. 

"Where were you?"

"I'm sorry"

we both blurted out at the same time as once we made it into the corridor, I took a deep breath looking up at him "I'm sorry some things went down at it slipped my mind." the smile he gave me reassured me that he wasn't mad, maybe disappointed but I was used to people feeling like that. 

"It's okay it happens I just wish I didn't stand in front of your common room for thirty minutes" I felt guilty, that all I felt. 

"Please tell me you didn't do that" I hoped he was joking, he shook his head and I let out an annoyed groan. I was annoyed with myself that I let the whole Malfoy shit consume the way it did. 

"Hey it's fine things happen, like your wrist what's wrong with it anyways?" I looked down at the pathetic thing shrugging my shoulder hoping to brush it off. I didn't want to tell him that Malfoy did it, I know deep down he didn't mean to but he still did. 

The pit in my stomach dropped just a tad at the thought of not being able to talk to him anymore. I didn't worry about seeing him when we would hangout in the common room cause he would most likely be with Astoria.  

"Oh it's nothing I tripped down a few stairs and landed on it wrong nothing to serious though" he eyed my wrist as if he didn't believe me, why would he though since I was lying. I was just proving that I was a lier, just like little Greengrass tried to point me out to be. 

"Those look a little more serious than just a wrong landing" he chuckled trying to make the air a little less dense, I was about to press the idea that I was fine but I closed my mouth in annoyance as I saw the little bitch witch prancing over with a bright smile.

"Hello Windfront"

"Greenass-"

"Sorry I mean Greengrass" we both gave a fake smile. 

"Any who I just wanted to say sorry for starting all of that unneeded drama last night but honestly it was just a push to finally get some things sorted out that should have been sorted a while ago" her voice was dripping with sarcasm, we were speaking normally but of you look close you could see that annoyance behind it. 

"You know it's real pathetic that you feel like your relationship is so threatened by one of your boyfriends childhood friends that you needed to make up lies to get what you want really shows where you stand as a person, and honestly no one like a jealous girlfriend. But I would really like to thank you-" her face turned from smug to shocked as I thanked her. 

"It really did show me where I stood and where I want to stand which is not near your pathetic ass so I just did what I thought was best for me so in the long run you really did help me. " I meant every single word that fell out of my mouth. 

Yes I would miss Malfoy so much but it was what is best for the both of us. He gets to give all his attention to her, not like he wasn't all ready doing that. And I can let go of him and work on myself. 

"Well i'm glad I could help, I have to run but I do hope your wrist gets better before the ball it wouldn't look very good with your gown, we both know how strong Draco can be so hopefully it heals quickly and nicely" she pursed her lips taking a step closer to me, I didn't back away but held my ground. 

She looked up at me with her annoying innocent eyes "I suggest you leave him alone for good now or you'll regret it" I scoffed looking her up and down. "Is that a threat?" my voice was surprised but strong. 

I took a step forward but she backed away with a smirk " I don't know what you're talking about" she skipped away, as my narrowed eyes followed her she went right to Malfoy who I didn't even notice was standing there. 

A lump balled up in my throat as we made eye contact, he walked away with her but looked over his shoulder one last time. My eyes never left him until he turned the corner, I let out a shaky breath. I wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed again. 

"So Malfoy did that to your wrist?" I nodded, for some reason I started to feel little as Cedric stood there with a confused but concerned  look. 

"Yeah but it's nothing we got into a fight and things just got a bit out of hand last night" I breathed out, he huffed looking away for a moment "Are you kidding me?" he spat angry. 

"No" my voice was small, he ran a frustrated hand through his hair "But i'm fine I don't think he really meant to hurt me."

"Liv-" he was using my nickname now, I don't know why but I felt a little flutter at the bottom on my stomach. "How many times does he have you hurt you for you to see that what ever you guys have or had was and is bad. He physically hurt you this time and your defending him, I was okay when you were crying cause you were hurting on the inside i'm mean that's not okay but now there is a fucking bandage on your wrist and hand" his eyes were filled with concern and worry. 

I understood fully what he was saying, how things got way out of hand and how none of this is okay. But I don't expect him to know how I feel about everything, or anyone for that matter. 

Yes I cut ties with him but that doesn't mean I stopped caring for him, thinking of him the same way I did before. No matter what goes down between us I will always give him the benefit of the doubt even if he can't give me that back. 

"Cedric, i'm so grateful that you are trying to look out for me-" a tiny smile tugged on the corner of his lips as he looked down at me "But-" he swallowed thickly nodded as if he saw this coming. 

"No matter how much I want my thoughts on him to change" I let out a humorless laugh "They won't, and the only way they will is over time which is what i'm giving myself. I know Malfoy, grew up with him and I know truly he would never intentionally hurt me, i'm not dismissing how he acted last night but I can't hold it against him." deep down I was. Holding against him. 

He really showed me a whole different side of him, I knew he could be like that obviously but I never thought he would act that way towards me. But there's a surprise in every corner I guess. 

Deep down I was ragging that he believed her and chose her over me, but the look in his eyes last night in the common room showed he didn't mean it. Last night I wanted nothing more than to forgive him and call everything good but it wasn't, and that would only show how desperate I was for him. 

That no matter how bad he hurt me, I could be bleeding dying on the floor and I would forgive him or tell him it wasn't his fault. He was my weakness in a weird way but I couldn't be weak anymore, I won't let Astoria win but for now she could. 

"Okay, but if he lays another hand on you I won't hesitate to finish what he started in the great hall."