|thirty eight|

A/N- Cedrics been quite lately, wonder what he could be up to...

- Olivia -

Do you ever just forget, but on purpose. Cause it hurts to much to think about it the only thing you can do is just let it go, put it in the past and make your mask so tight that you pretend everything is fine and normal. When in reality your dying, dying so bad that everything you do is fake at this point.

Your smile, your laugh, the okay look on your face.

Anything that you do or say there is still the lingering image or thought of what happened, haunting you, keeping you on edge. Not allowing you to be free, holding you on a tight leash.

That's what I was doing, and had been doing since the moment I got back two weeks ago. At first I was raw, showed my frugalness but I couldn't act like that forever. I had to be strong, appear strong.

Dumbledore let me back in school after I found out about my so called transfer, I hadn't heard from my mother but every owl or door opening in class my heart stopped thinking she was here to drag me back.

Narcissa told us she is doing everything she can to fix the arrangement and for us to not worry, but that's all I could do. Without Draco I might as well crawl back into my cell with one meal every other day. I told myself I would never be a girl that only lived for a guy, but I had nothing else left but him.

Pathetic, thats what I was.

"There's no point in even trying anymore, he is impossible to please. I even drank an improvement potion to help me but still I only got half the fucking marks" Pansy groaned crumpling up her potions easy and tossing it at some fifth years head.

"Aww it's alright babe no one can please Snape but his little pet" Blaise teased tossing an arm around her shoulder as he sent a smirk towards Draco.

"Ha-ha-, i'm dying laughing on the floor" his tone was plain, rolling his eyes he laced our fingers together and tugging me closer. He always had to have a hand on me or our bodies touching. It was like he was making sure I stayed here, that it was real and not his imagination.

"I'm not his class pet, I'm just better then you lot-" I narrowed my eyes at him as his smug look dropped kissing my forehead "Except you" I nodded approvingly, teasingly.

"Maybe I should lock you up then and force you to do my work" Pansy said, sounded more like a threat than a joke.

My body tensed at the mention of locking someone up, I pushed back the thought and swallowing down the vile that threatened to spill out.

I gave a dry laugh covering up my tenseness. "You know or you could get I don't know smarter" Theo said shrugging, Pansy huffed annoyed. She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away from the group, Draco's hand tightened not easing up.

"I'll bring her back Merlin" she sighed dropping my hand for a moment. He pulled me into a bear hug glaring at her over my head "You better" he snarled and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I will be okay" I assured looking up at him.

/*

"But that's not the point" she defended hopping off the window ledge, we sat in the abandoned part. We always come here just to talk, just us.