|thirty seven|

- Olivia -

A hug.

Thats all I needed.

To be in his warm embrace again to let everything that happened this past month just slip my mind.

His arms tightened around me as a sign that he wasn't going to let go anytime soon. I dug my head deeper into his chest as I let out a cry, I gripped the back of his shirt so tight the fabric was bound to rip.

We stood in the middle of the common room, not a single word had been uttered but it felt like a million things had been said. Reluctantly he pulled back an inch to look down at me, my lips ached for his but I couldn't even look him in the eyes for longer then a second.

Staring down at my feet guilt ran through me, he lifted my head up holding my chin gently. I could see him scanning my face, my eyes searching for answers, looking at my beat and bruises face and body.

The pain that rippled through me as I thought back on how I got those made be want to break, further beyond repair but for some reason I didn't.

Each hit, kick, punch, slap I received felt like I deserved it. That was my punishment for fucking up every good thing I was ever handed.

His thumb wiped away my continuous tears as he caressed my cheek, his other hand still holding me tight to him. I sighed as his lips softly met mine, so much was put behind that one kiss. His forehead rested on mine as he pulled back "What happened" he breathed out into our shared air.

Shaking my head I pressed my lips tightly together holding back the sob threatening to cry out. "I'm sorry, i'm sorry for everything before. I was so stupid and-" he begged, his forehead rested on the top of my head as I dropped it lower accepting his words.

"I don't care about that anymore-"I mumbled looking up at him, his eyes were almost glossy as if he was going to shed a tear. But none fell.

"I just need you to never let me go" I pleaded, he pulled me in tighter rubbing the back of my nappy hair. "I'm sorry-" I said this time.

"I'm sorry" I repeated over and over again, no apology will ever make up for what happened, what I took away from him without him even knowing. Without me even knowing.

"Shh, you have nothing to be sorry for" he soothed me.I started to choke on my words wanting to spit it out and tell him how much I need him right now.

"I didn't-"

"She- the tea-"

"I couldn't do anything-"

He pressed my face more into his chest, as my tears soaked his shirt. I hated this, that I still needed him to hold me, that I wanted him to hold me. That I was crying, sobbing, proving that I was some weak fragile thing.

I could feel his head send a look over me to the three standing behind us, all so fucking clueless. "Liv clam down- it's okay"

"No- No- No, I can't" I wanted to crumble away, let the earth open up underneath me and swallow me whole.

I pulled my head off his chest at the sound of Pansy's heals on the stone floor "No, not today bitch" she spat throwing herself in front of Greengrass, her face had a smirk on it as she stared into my bloodshot eyes.