|sixteen|

- Olivia -

My fathers expression was stern, my eyes moved from him to my mother then to Narcissa to see if any of there faces held an expression of this being a joke.

"We have arranged you and Draco to be married" this time the words made it into my brain clearly. I gave a humorous chuckle still thinking this is some type of sick joke but their faces didn't change.

"Wait you're serious about this" my face drops.

"Yes why would we not be the papers are signed and everything" Lucius placed a few papers on the table, without thinking I stood up rushing over to them. I held them up scanning over the words briefly.

The signatures of our parents were printed nice and large at the bottom consoling the marriage. Everyone watched me in silence as my breathing got heavier the more I read the more it became real.

Malfoy hasn't said one thing it was like he knew about it, but he couldn't have. All my effort to stay away from him, even if it wasn't much effort I just set it clear and it worked this time. Just for this to happen.

I should be beaming with joy as I get to spend the rest of my like with him but I was feeling anything but that. It wouldn't be real, and it would never be real. Yes the thought of being with him brought a flutter to my stomach but not like this, this made me feel sick.

I dropped the papers back on the table backing away, of all the fucked up things my parents did this was hands down the worst. They basically just signed my life away.

The rims of my eyes started to fill with water, I wasn't going to cry over this in front of them. I turned on my heels heading straight to the door. The sound of a chair scraping on the wooden floor echoed in the dinning hall.

"Olivia Windfront this is no way to act" my mother called out, I ignored it and bursted through through the door.

"Just let her be, this is big news and she just needs to process it" I heard Narcissa's voice boom just before the door closed behind me.

I didn't go to my room though, I headed straight to the library going deep into the many rows of books.

The tiny cove that had a single couch and side table with a night lamp resting on it was just calling my name. I knew no one was coming in here and definitely not this deep in so I felt safe to let my tears run.

A sob escaped my lips as my head rested in my hands. I felt like I was melting into the old couch, the worst part is that I know he doesn't want this just like me. But not cause it's forced, cause it's not with her. I know Malfoy so I know he won't fight it just to make his father happy.

My face felt dry and wet at the same time, i'm not sure how long I had been sitting here in tears but I was pulled out of my bubble as a voice chimed over me making me jump.

"Pull yourself together I raised you better then to act like this"

I looked at her wiping off the wet line drying on my cheek standing up to face her.

"What do you mean you raised me? the last time I recalled the house elf's took more care of me then you ever did and will in my entire life-" I spat my fist clenched at my sides.

"You think cause you gave me a few tips on how to look better and stand up straighter that you raised me, you had better things to do like get drunk and argue with dad then you would leave for work without a second thought about your daughter who would sit on the steps listening to you guys scream till on of you were to high off of whiskey to stand-" I swallowed thickly taking a slow step around the couch.