|fifteen|

- Olivia -

I sat in the middle of the table next to my mother, across the way sat Malfoy and his mom. Our fathers of course at each end showing their power. 

My appetite was very small this evening and the thought of having to stay here the whole two weeks made me sick. I pushed around my food not really wanting to consume it, I didn't want to be rude so I did eat a little plus it helped with the hang over still clinging onto me. 

"So kids how is school going" we both out on our masks just like we did every holiday, dinner, ball, anything involving our families. 

"It quite nice this year, classes are harder but who doesn't like a good challenge" I forced my best smile on, "Quite well mother, in fact me and Liv are the top of our year throwing Granger down two spots" Malfoy beamed, he wasn't wrong. We were the best in our year and all the classes. 

"Well that's great to hear" my father sounded rather bored as he sipped on his drink. 

"I expect that and nothing less" mother pursed her lips sending me a side glare. I shoved a singled steamed carrot in my mouth slowly chewing it to avoid talking further. 

"You kids should head off to bed" Lucius cleared his throat sending all the adults a glare like a signal. "yes, yes we will see you two in the morning" Narcissa smiled standing up to usher us away. 

I thanked her for dinner and gave her a nice hug, with no emotion I said my goodnights to my parents plus Lucius following Malfoy out of the room. 

Once we made it out hearing the door close behind us I pushed past him bumping his shoulder. I didn't mean for it to come off as harsh as it did but I ignored it and kept walking, the thought of one of the Malfoy's comfy bed's waiting for me made my body go limp just wanting to sleep. 

"Liv-" he called out, I stopped turning to face him. 

"I'm only going to say this once so listen close and good got it Malfoy-" I narrowed my eyes at him "Just because we are forced to spend break together does not mean that we can talk and be all buddy buddy. I let you have your fun or whatever this last week as you decided to ignore my wishes of not being friends but that end's now. We will do as we always did, act civil in front of our parents but after that don't talk to me, don't come knocking on my door, nothing-" his lips were slightly turned down, I wanted to tell him I was just kidding but I needed to be strong.

"Got it" he opened his mouth to talk but nothing came out, "Good" I turned and proceeded up the stairs walking down many corridors to get to my room I always stay in. 

The door closed and I let out a long breath I didn't even know I was holding in. My eyes moved to the fluffy soft bed sitting in the middle of the room, my feet floated over dropping my body dead on the center. 

By the time my head hit the plush bed I was knocked out for the night. 

/*

I missed breakfast cause I slept in, mother and father weren't to happy about that but I was feeling more energized today. There was never much to do around the manor so I did what was available. 

Read, walk, and eat. 

I read in the garden. 

The living room. 

My room by the window. 

By a pound out back under a large oak tree. 

In the library. 

Anywhere I could sit and read the words on the old paper in my hand. It wasn't boring either, the time to myself was quite nice. 

The manor had the largest library I had ever set my eyes on so finding a good book wasn't hard. The hard part was not uttering a single word to Malfoy. Not when we passed in the halls or sat at the table for lunch, but more when he was also sitting in the living room. Reading.