Chapter 28 ~ Best Friend

I woke up to the sound of muffled talking. After a few blinks allowing my eyes to readjust to the lighting, I took a look around the room, sighing deeply realizing that I was still in the hospital wing of the school. I quickly removed my blanket to see my leg good as new.

"Oh, hun your awake."

I looked to see mom, Kean, and Recovery Girl walking into the room. "Hey mom," I said as my heart sank. What if she pulls me out of UA because of this small Incident. "Mom I promise I am okay! It was just a little incident," I jumped out of bed and did a little dance, "Even my leg is okay. Please don't pull me out of UA!"

She looked at Kean before they smiled and looked back at me. "N/n we aren't pulling you out of U.A.," Kean said with a chuckle. I looked at mom and she gave a firm nod. "You can thank your brother. Trust me I really wanted to but he said 'why would I rob the world of the best hero they will ever see'."

I looked at my brother with a big smile on my face and gave him a big hug. "Thanks Kean! What are you doing back from the agency?"

"Principal Nezu called saying there was an incident, so I hurried over. I shouldn't have worried though because you had the best trainer ever, me." He proudly boasted as he rubbed his knuckles roughly on my head. I laughed as I pulled his hand away from my head.

I turned and gave mom a hug too thanking her for letting me stay. "Here we brought you a change of clothes," she said as she pulled out a stack of clothes and handed them to me. It was just a random sweater from my closet and some joggers.

"We'll be downstairs when you're done. Also, your friend Midoriya wanted to talk to you about something, he's also downstairs.," Kean said as he and mom left the room.

That's right! Izuku! I never got to check on him the other day. I quickly put on my clothes and formally thanked Recovery Girl for taking care of me and raced out the door with her yelling no running in the halls.

I raced all the way down the stairs and scanned the last floor of U.A looking for my green-haired friend. I spotted him wearing a light blue shirt that read the words shirt on them and some athletic shorts.

"IZUKU!!"

He turned to me as I ran at him jumping into a hug. "YOU HAD ME SO WORRIED! HOW DARE YOU JUMP INTO ACTION LIKE THAT! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED BY THAT VILLAIN! I AM SO GLAD YOUR OKAY! ARE YOU FEELING BETTER ARE YOU HURT ANYWHERE STILL! MY MOM IS STILL HERE SOMEWHERE IF YOU NEED HER TO CHECK!" I yelled quickly as I gave him a tight hug.

"I'm o-okay no ne-need to worry Y/N.," he said sheepishly as he released from the hug. Suddenly his shy demeanor vanished as he said, "I wanted to thank you for pushing me out the way yesterday. I didn't know what came over me. I saw All Might was in danger and my body just moved on its own."

"Don't sweat it! You were just being a hero," we started to walk out the building together, "Can you believe just a few months ago you were that kid in the back that fantasied about being a hero now you are actually one. Technically."

Izuku chuckled an agreement. The mood suddenly got solemn. "Izuku...," He looked at me, "I'm sorry." He looked at me confused. "I'm sorry for not being your friend sooner. I saw the way Katsuki treated you and for a long time, I just let it past. Which wasn't a very heroic thing to do. Yesterday even though you were clearly hurt you showed me what it meant to be a hero, to help people who can't help themselves. I feel so bad that for a long time I never stopped those bullies or defended you when it really mattered," I looked at him with a determined look, "If Katsuki ever messes with you again, I'll be sure to beat his ass."

Izuku looked dumbfounded then he smiled softly at me, "Thanks Y/N."

I gave him a playful punch on his shoulder with a smile, "See later alligator! Get it cause of your green hair."