Chapter 35 ~ Confusion

I arrived home feeling extremely sad and my mind was completely in ruins. Everything in my life was happening so fast and things were getting really confusing. First, there was the thing with mom then Todoroki was being weird and distant only for me to find out he never even thought of me as a friend in the first place.

Sero and Kaminari were so wrong about him. I let out a sad laugh. I can't believe they actually thought that he had a crush on me when he doesn't even like me to begin with. I don't even know why I was trying so hard.

I took off my shoes and changed out of my clothes to get started on dinner for Mom and me. As I mixed the ingredients there was a ring at the doorbell. I wonder who could be visiting at this hour with no phone call or anything. Maybe mom is expecting a guest or something.

I took off my apron and went to the door swiftly unlocking it. As soon as I opened the door I was swept into a big hug. The person smelled like my older brother.

"KEAN!!!!!" I yelled feeling ecstatic.

"N/N!!!!!!" he yelled back hugging me tighter.

"You're home! You are actually home!" I said as he dropped me back down on the floor. "Just until after the sports festival. I have to be there for extra security so I asked for permission to come down here a bit earlier." He said pulling his luggage into the house.

"This is great! You can help me prepare! I have so many things you could teach me that I have been wanting to try. Oh my god, you can even help me and my friends train." I said feeling absolutely giddy for his return.

"Woah slow down N/N one thing at a time." He said turning back to me. It was then that I was able to take in the full sight of him. He looked normal except for the new battle scars on his arms that weren't there when he visited me after the USJ. What was that agency doing to him?

He must've noticed my stares because he piped up, "You don't have to worry about my scars Y/N it just comes with the job sometimes. Remember I chose to become a hero."

He pulled me into his embrace rubbing his knuckles roughly through my hair making me laugh and yank myself away from his grasp.

"I noticed mom's car wasn't outside is she still at work?" He asked headed into the kitchen.

"Technically. She is at U.A helping my teacher with his wounds. It was a bit weird but sometimes a doctor has to do what they need to do." I said following him into the kitchen. I made sure to leave out the part where I heard mom call Mr. Aizawa by his first name. I call my friends by their first name all the time but mom just met Mr. Aizawa it was very weird.

He nodded his head poking at the pots on the stove. "N/N you really need to pay more attention to your cooking," He said taking a spoonful of it, "This is unacceptable I thought I taught you better," he smirked at me.

"As if! I am not even done with it yet. Don't you dare criticize my awesome cooking," I pushed him away from the kitchen, "Anyways you need to wash up! Don't come back into my kitchen with your dirty ass!"

"Your kitchen!? Last I checked my name was on it." He said in retaliation not budging from his spot. "Yeah, your name is on it, after y o u carved it on there without any permission. You were scolded hard for that." I said laughing at the memory of mom yelling at 15-year-old Kean for using his quirk to permanently engrave his name on the kitchen island after one of our... disagreements.

"I was protecting my honor!" He called out goofily smiling at me. "Yeah yeah. Now get out of MY kitchen," I said shoving him out of the kitchen.

"Fine," He said dramatically putting his hand on his head as he walked upstairs without another word. I am so glad he came back home even if it's just for a little while. I went into the kitchen to continue my cooking putting my apron on.