Chapter 49 ~ Not A Date

~Y/N POV~

"Y/N YOU NEED TO GET UP!!" I heard mom yell from downstairs. I grumbled in my bed wanting to lay there a couple more minutes. It wasn't till I heard the angry footsteps heading up the stairs that I jolted off my bed.

Mom opened the door quickly her eyes had deep dark circles and her hair messed up with her hospital scrubs. She looked like the least professional doctor to ever live. She sighed when she saw me, "Hun you need to hurry and get ready for school. The driver will be here soon." She said already leaving my room to do whatever it was she was doing.

I flopped back onto my bed contemplating if I should just pretend to be sick. I sat up looking at the box that was labeled Y/N's clothes. Somewhere in there was my U.A uniform. I just had to decide to look through it. I lazily got up from bed headed to the box. Once I opened it, to my surprise my uniform was right at the top folded ever so nicely. I grabbed it and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

As soon as I walked out, I was met with Kean. He too had tired eyes like he hadn't slept at all. I mumbled a good morning to him before I headed downstairs for breakfast before the car that was going to take me to school arrives. I took a seat at the dining table as mom dropped a bowl of cereal in my face. I sighed as I looked at the boxes filled with all our kitchen stuff preventing me from having mom's special cooking. Stupid boxes. Stupid move. Stupid kidnappers.

As I ate my cereal the doorbell rang and mom went to go answer it instead of me. I heard some faint talking but decided to ignore it. I looked as my phone buzzed in front of me. All notifications from either Tape Dispenser or Pikachu. I rolled my eyes playfully seeing that Kaminari actually got up earlier than usual to text me.

Mom came into the kitchen, "Hey Hun. Mr. Aizawa is here to take you to school." She was already visibly more cheerful than when I saw her earlier. A small smile grew on my face knowing that even with all the crazy stuff happening, Mr. Aizawa still made her happy. I got up and put my dish in the sink. Grabbing the rest of my stuff I headed to the door. Mr. Aizawa was there waiting for me in his regular Pro Hero outfit and the barely visible bandages underneath.

"Ready?" He asked leading me out to a black car with blacked-out windows.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I smiled entering the car. As we drove off I stuck my upper body out the window to wave mom goodbye. She smiled back at me and motioned for me to get back into the car. I laughed and did what she wanted. The car ride was a bit silent. Awkwardness evident no matter how I twisted my body. This was definitely going to take getting used to.

Finally, as we neared the school, Mr. Aizawa spoke, "Y/N. I wanted you to be the first to know that we decided to allow the Sports Festival to happen."

"Wait. Are you serious?" I asked my mood rising.

"Yes. Thanks to a certain hero we were able to get a lot of volunteer heroes and sidekicks to watch the event go down. That doesn't mean you turn into Midoriya. Know your limits and pace yourself. Recovery Girl may have healed you but you need to take it easy," He said sternly looking at me through the head view mirror.

"Who do you think I am?" I joked, "Of course I'll take it easy."

I saw his brows furrow through the mirror.

"I mean it," he said paying his attention back to the road.

"Of course! You have my word. I will take it easy." I said excitedly unable to contain it. I settled back into my seat practically buzzing. I looked out the window to pass the time and began noticing the many news reporter vans parked along the mountain. People with all kinds of equipment were filing out the vans one by one.