Chapter 9 ~ Aftermath

"So let me get this straight. After YOU rudely bumped into and RUDELY stared at ENDEAVOR'S SON'S SCAR you go and call him a lil bitch. I leave you for a few hours to take a test and you make a mess," Star said scooping food into his mouth.

"It wasn't even my fault. The dude was acting like a lil bitch. Inasa, the guy who won, was simply trying to congratulate him and he told him to shut up. WHO DOES THAT," I yelled.
"Maybe people who don't like loud people early in the morning or maybe he was just not feeling that day. It could be a number of reasons. HOWEVER THAT DOES'T MEAN YOU GO CALL ENDEAVOR'S SON A LIL BITCH-"

"What was that about calling my boss's son a bitch?"

Oh crap.

I turned around in my seat to see Kean poking at the pot of f/f (favorite food). "Well um, you see this then that, and um yeah," I mumbled while twiddling my thumbs completely avoiding eye contact with Kean.

"She called the guy a bitch cause he was being rude to some other guy. You know her, she can't mind her business," Star said still eating his food

"In my defense, he was acting like a lil bitch, Inasa, the other guy, was just trying to be a good sportsman and he was just like 'I'm moody and rude so shut up'. HE DIDN'T EVEN WIN HIS RACE. The audacity. Plus, I tried apologizing but I kept missing him. He doesn't know who I am so it's not likely you would lose your job." I said as I put away the dishes into the sink.

As I used my quirk to wash them Kean laid back on the couch too exhausted to even be mad at me. He pulled a blanket over his body and said, "How was your testing by the way?"

"It was actually really fun. The practical at least. The written exam was so hard but I think I got a good score. By the way, Principal Nezu had some really good things to say about you, Kean." I said as I put the dishes away. "Oh really," Kean's head perked over the couch to look at me. I could see a smile creeping in on his face.

"Yeah, he called you an exceptional student. Don't get so smug about it. I'll become better than you," I shook my fists playfully at him.

He let out a breathy laugh and mumbled yeah sure as he snuggled deeper into his blanket. I shook my head. He didn't even take off his work outfit.

I looked over at Star who was preparing to leave. "Hey, wait do you think you can sleep over the night. We could watch movies and eat smores. I'll even make the fire myself," I said with a smile.

"I actually need to do some more training, just in case I don't get into U.A I want to be able to have another option," he sighed as he put on his shoes.

"What do you mean? Of course, you are going to get in. You're a great fighter Star!"

"Yeah well not everyone can have their big brother get them into recommendation Y/N," His voice raised a little before calming down, "Sorry I'm just stressed. Bye Akari is waiting for me." With that, he left.

What was his deal? I locked the door and went to my bedroom. I went to my balcony. It was already getting late. The stars should be out. I walked out and climbed onto the roof. I laid back and watched the stars. The only thing that calmed me down. What the hell was wrong with Star. He knows he could've just asked Kean. Always making everything harder for himself for no reason. I have no doubt he will make it into U.A I just don't know why he doesn't see it that way.
Without meaning to I fell asleep watching the stars that night.

After the testing was over, a week of stressing and barely paying attention in class began as I awaited my results. All I could think about was if I passed the exam or not. Star became even more distant than usual and it was getting on my nerves but knowing him he probably applied for at least 4 other schools 'just in case'. Even still we barely talked all that week. Kean noticed how spaced out I was getting during training, so he gave me the week off. All week Katsuki was bragging about all the bots he smashed during the exam. His exam sounded so much fun I began wishing I got to do the bots test too. Although that would have made my chance of being noticed significantly lower. Once the week was over the thing I was dreading yet excited for finally arrived. My letter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's over. I hate this chapter but I love it at the same time. It got a little angsty there at the end but I'm a sole believer in 'perfect friendships' not existing. If you tell me you never have fights with your friends, I call cap. Period. Heads up when I Italicized big paragraphs like the one above it usually means an overview of a big period of time unless I say otherwise. Anyway bye now!

Gwen