Chapter 33 ~ Lies

I woke up feeling even tired than ever. I groggily got out of bed and slowly got ready for school with multiple yawns in between. The only thing that motivated me was the delicious smells of breakfast being made from downstairs. I made it downstairs to see Mom humming happily as she looked at the stove.

She was surprisingly happy and giddy despite what happened last night. "Goodmorning hun," she chirped once she saw me sleepily walk into the kitchen. "Goodmorning mom," I said with a yawn. "I made your favorite," She sang as she plated my favorite food. "Thanks, mom. I slipped into my seat at the table putting my head down.

With a clink on the table, mom placed the plate of food in front of me. "Thank you." I yawned out and began eating. As I ate mom hummed as she cleaned up her mess in the kitchen. It was weird seeing her so happy. Usually, she is stressed about something or another, and especially with what happened last night it was especially odd.

"Hey, mom."

"Yes, hun."

"Who was that person over here yesterday?" I asked getting straight to the point. Mom suddenly stopped wiping the tables. She looked at me with a soft smile, "They were a co-worker of mine." She said as she went back to cleaning.

That still didn't explain the weird conversation they had. "Oh. What was that conversation you had? I couldn't get it out of my head." I said urging for answers.

Mom's smile faltered. I guess she didn't think I heard their conversation. "Well-" She began but was interrupted by the ring of our doorbell, "That must be your friends," She grabbed my empty dish and gave me a kiss on the forehead, "Have a great day at school."

"Aren't you going to tell me?" I said still pressing for answers. "We can talk about it when I get home okay hun. Now you can't be late to school." She said rushing me out the door to meet Sero and Kaminari. Once I was out she quickly shut the door and I was unable to press further.

"Hey Y/N!" Kaminari and Sero said in unison pulling me out of my thoughts. "Hey, guys!" I said as we began walking towards U.A.

"Bro you sound so tired," Sero said taking my backpack from my hand. "Thanks, man. You know I how I bet Katsuki that I would get a better grade on the homework than he did?" Sero nodded signaling me to continue before I could even say anything Kaminari yelled, "YOU ACTUALLY DID ALL THAT WORK!? You have to give me the answers. I got to page one then quit." "No way dude! I stayed up till like 3 am finishing it with Todoroki! I am not letting my hard work just be given out like nothing." I said crossing my arms giving him a smile of accomplishment.

"So you were with Todoroki last night. I am so telling Mina this," Kaminari said typing away at his phone completely forgetting his earlier begs for homework answers. "She would be ecstatic. We all already have a ship name for the both of you TodoY/N." Sero said adding on to what Kaminari said. "Come on guys you all know it's not like that. Todoroki is my very good friend." I said yawning.

"You are the blindest person to ever walk the earth," Sero said shaking his head. "Todoroki only talks to you or Momo. If he miraculously eats lunch in the cafeteria it's either with you or Yao-Momo no one else. Not to mention you just told us that he willingly stayed up till 3 am with you to help you on your homework," Kaminari said still typing stuff to Mina, "Honestly I am a little jealous. The pretty boy always gets the ladies."

He wasn't wrong. Todorki is by far one of the prettiest boys in the whole school. It wasn't all that willingly either. I still need to get him the cake he asked for. Not like I minded. "You guys are just over-reacting. He's just being nice."

"Yeah only to you. He glares at everyone else." Sero said as we neared the school.

"No way. He's nice to everyone. He uh..." I said trying to recall times he's been nice to anyone else in the class or even talked to anyone else in the class but failed. The only other person I could recall was Momo.