Chapter 41 ~ Worried

Still 3rd POV this is around the time Sero called Todoroki

Todoroki wiped the sweat off his face walking towards the stool he had placed outside earlier. For the 5th time in the last 30 minutes, he checked his phone looking for a text message or something from Y/N. It wasn't like her to be late to their sessions.

Once again there no messages. No nothing.

He couldn't help but think she was avoiding him and he hated it. He couldn't figure out what he had done wrong. Although a part of him felt it may be better this way. The last time he had tried to push Y/N away he felt horrible. In his mind, he thought that if she pushes him away it would be better.

He placed his towel on the stool next to his phone. With or without Y/N he still had to train. He still had to complete his goal of winning the sports without his unbearable left side.

"For the record your left side isn't unbearable. I actually like it. It tells a story of a great hero to be."

He halted in his place remembering the kind words Y/N once said to him about his scar. He wanted her to be around him. He wanted to feel the way she touched his head that night. He wanted he-

Ring Ring

Todoroki was startled from his thoughts hearing his phone ring from the stool. He felt his stomach start to get queasy at the thought of Y/N finally giving him a call.

Trying not to be too enthusiastic about picking it up he casually walked over to his phone as if there were people who were watching him despite the fact he had made sure no of his family were home during their training times.

He got to his phone and the light feeling in his chest disappeared and he frowned seeing the caller ID being Hanta Sero and not L/N Y/N. He even wondered why on earth he had even accepted to take his number.

Out of all the people Y/N hung around with Sero had seemed the least troublesome to him. He stared at his phone letting it go to voicemail. He waited a couple more seconds to wait for the call he had been hoping for, for an hour.

Instead what he got was yet another call from Sero. This time he did pick up. His logic being that if anyone knew why Y/N was late it would be him.

"Todoroki?"

"Hello."

"Hey sorry to bother you. Have you seen Y/N? She's not home right now so we assumed she was with you and her phone was dead or something."

Todoroki could hear the nervousness in his voice. If Y/N's own friends didn't know where she was. Then this was no mistake.

"I have not. She did not come to training today. Why don't you check her home." Todoroki said. Unlike Sero and the rest, Todoroki didn't know where Y/N lived or he would have gone there the instant she was late.

The other line was silent.

Sero finally broke the silence, "We are already here and- and she's not here."

Before he could say anymore he heard a girlier voice he assumed to be Mina's say, "Her training shoes are still here. She never trains without them."

Todoroki's almost dropped his phone. This he knew was true. During one of their previous training sessions, Y/N did not want to start without having them with her. She even went as far as to going back to her house to get them once she realized she forgot them.

"What is her address?" Todoroki asked completely monotoned. Although on the inside he was already thinking of the worse.

"I'll text it to you," Sero said. He was going to say more but Todoroki didn't let him get a word out.