Chapter 38 ~ Suprise!

I waved goodbye to Sero and Kaminari as I opened the door to my house. Taking off my shoes I scanned the very empty house. The only sounds were the ones coming from the broken faucet in the guest bathroom that won't stop dripping.

I sighed. 

Mom has been taking more shifts lately and Kean has been avoiding coming home for a while now. He would only come to help me train for a bit and then leave to hang out with his friends. That's been the routine ever since he came home.

I thought he enjoyed being home. 

I dropped my backpack at the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I made a beeline for the fridge only to see a note on the door from mom.

Hey Hun! I won't be home for a bit for work. I'll try to come back in time for the festival! I'll call you later! Don't eat all this food at once.

I crumpled up the paper and put it in the trash. It's not like I wanted to see her anyways. She's been acting weird lately. Especially with Kean. Each time their paths would cross it felt like I was watching a drama show unfold. 

Mom became very distant. If she wasn't in her room she was at work. If in the rare occasion I would see her it would only be when Kean would come and she would just try and make conversation with him that always put me in an awkward position watching them.

I pulled out ice cream from the fridge and headed upstairs with my backpack in tow. Today Kean wasn't coming since it was supposed to be my break day from training. I should get a head start on my homework but there are more interesting things to do.

I placed my tub of ice cream on my desk to change into comfier clothes. My phone buzzed against my table. Who could be texting me?

I picked up my phone opening the message.

Kitty 🐱

Kitty 🐱 : You excited for tomorrow. 

Y/N: Yeah! Sorry, again I had to reschedule. My mom was being weird. 

Kitty 🐱 : It's seriously not a problem. I promise you are going to love the ice cream there. I know the owner and we could score double scoops. It will be purr-fect.

I rolled my eyes at the very horrible cat pun. 

Y/N: If I am not meow-staken I don't think there are camenbert flavored ice cream. What will you eat?

Kitty 🐱 : ha ha very funny... 

Y/N: Don't get your fur in a bunch. I am just kitten

Kitty 🐱 : I don't even have fur! You cat puns aren't even that funny

Y/N: You are meow-staken kind, sir. My puns are absolutely paw-some.

Kitty 🐱: Omg just stop already.

Y/N: I don't feline stopping just yet.

Kitty 🐱:You puns are absolutely claw-ful. Mine are Claw-ver.

Y/N: Purr-haps but there is still a paw-sibility that I won this round.

Kitty 🐱 : Just put me out of my mew-sery already!

Y/N: Awe you paw thing. I will meow-ver stop with the puns. 

Kitty 🐱 : 🤦ttyl though I have to go train now. 

Y/n: Okay we will take a paw-se

Kitty 🐱 : omg stop

I turned off my phone in laughter. However, my laughter was cut short remembering the conversation Mina and I had earlier. I should probably make it clear to Koneko that we are just getting ice cream as friends. At the same time, I don't want to be that girl. He never said it was a date and I don't want to be like this isn't a date and he would be like I never said it was creating a very awkward moment.