Chapter 52 ~ No Choice

*For the sake of the story Y/N will take Mina's spot*

Cheers filled the audience as the last of the students gathered in the arena all out of breath. The sounds of a machine whirred, and all eyes were on the steel podium that was at the end of the arena. Midnight rotated out of the podium her signature poses and a bright smile faced the students. The cheering from the crowd slowed to a stop as everyone waited for what Midnight was going to say now that the first round was over.

Midnight cleared her throat as she walked closer to the edge of the steel podium, her making a clicking noise. She brought her hand with the microphone close to her lips before clearing her throat.

She spoke, "Only the top 42 will advance to the next round but don't be too left out. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine," Midnight let out a soft chuckle her tongue sliding across her lips, "Now the real fun is bout to being... the chance to fully move into the limelight. Give it your best!"

The crack of her whip sounded; the whirring of the big screen followed after. Everyone in the stands was on the edge of their seats wondering what obstacle would be next for the young students. The students' eyes were all trained on the screen as well. They all were secretly hoping for something that they would be able to use to show off their skills.

"Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasy's come to life? What could it be the waiting is torture," Midnight exaggerated. The whirring started to slow to a stop as Midnight got more and more excited.

"Prepare yourselves for this," he hand swung over to the screen that had stopped whirring and instead read the words: Calvary Battle.

Mumbles filled the crowd of students all wondering how it will be handled. Y/N looked at her friends seeing their reactions trying to distract herself from the eyes she could feel staring at her. She dared peek behind her as Midnight went on about the competition. He was still looking at her. His arms crossed on his chests and furrowed brow permanently etched onto his face.

The pro hero, Endeavor.

It was as if they had met eyes and her head instantly snapped back forward.

My old man bought my mother's family to get his hands on her quirk to create the perfect child to surpass All Might for him...

Todoroki's words played in her head like a song. She couldn't look at Endeavor the same way. The perfect no. 2 hero had a less than perfect back story. Who could have ever thought that that drive everyone admired about him would go as far as to indirectly buying children?

"Y/N?"

Y/N was snapped out of her temporary trance only to see her friend, Sero, looking at her with a weird, concerned look on his face.

"Yo... you good?" he asked placing a calm hand on her shoulder, "You kinda spaced out there and missed everything."

Y/N let out a stale awkward laugh, "I'm just nervous is all."

Sero raised an eyebrow at the girl, "Remember Mr. Aizawa said to take it easy. It might be best you sit out the competition..." Sero began to trail off already noticing the girl readying herself to protest.

"I can do this Sero. You don't have to worry," she shrugged his hand off her shoulder before turning her back to him and crossing her arms over her chest. Only for a smirk to appear on her face and she looked over her shoulder eyes squinting at the now confused boy.

"Are you just scared you will lose to me?" she boasted making Sero smile

Before Sero could answer Y/N's questions a boy approached Y/N. Sero's smile faltered which caused Y/N to look forward at who it was.