Chapter 10 ~ The Letter

It was a Saturday evening when Mom and Kean came bursting into the living room while I was watching F/S (favorite show).

"Y/N Y/N Y/N!" Kean yelled at me. "WHAT WHAT WHAT!" I yelled back.
"It's here! It's finally here. Your letter from U.A honey!" Mom said as she waved the letter in my face. It took me a moment to process what they were saying. My face lit up in excitement as I jumped off the couch grabbing the letter.

"Hurry Open it, we want to see." "No I will open this myself and you can't stop me!" I ran up the stairs as Kean was yelling for me to come back so he could see my letter. I ran into my room locking it behind me. I let out a sigh as I held the letter in my hand. This is it. This letter is what will decide whether I become a hero or not.

I heard my phone ring from my desk. I dropped my letter on my desk and picked up my phone.

Shooting Star 💫: Hey did you get your letter I just got mine

Y/N: Yeah have you opened yours yet?

Shooting Star 💫: no. Not yet. Have you?

Y/N: No not yet. I'm super nervous. I'll txt you back when I open it. K?

Shooting Star 💫: Sure. Fingers crossed.

I turned off my phone and sat down on my desk. What if they say no and I didn't make it? I held it in my hands flipping it over and over again. It was a simple white envelope with an official UA stamp and my name and address on it. It was on the thicker side for a letter. I ripped it open and a little metal disk fell out. A hologram of Present Mic appeared and startled me.

"Helloooooo L/N Y/N!!. First off, thank you for taking your time to apply to our school. We know you spent a lot of time training both your mind and body for a chance here at U.A. Upon reviewing your we regret to inform you that you did not make it into U.A thank you for your time and it is without sincerest apologies. Good luck on your mission to become a hero but it's not here." his voice was stern and unlike his usual loud self.

Just like that, it was over. My dream is gone. Tears started trailing down my face as I covered it with my hands. I didn't even apply to any other hero schools. What am I going to do now?

"Sike!"
I looked back up at the hologram and Present Mic was still there.

"Upon reviewing your scores we are happy to say YOUUUU GOT INNNNNN With a written exam score of 80, a practical exam score of 95, and an interview score of excellent. You will receive your uniform sometime this week. In the envelope, there is a list of things you will need for the upcoming school year as well as your class schedule. If for some reason you decide not to attend U.A you have till April and the first two weeks of school to choose to join general studies or go to a different school. This weekend please submit your hero costume design to the U.A front office. WELCOME TO U.A HIGH."

With that, the hologram shut off. I stared blankly at the disk remnants of my tears still on my face. I immediately started jumping around my bedroom and dancing. "I GOT IN! I GOT IN! I GOT IN," I yelled as I ran out of my room and downstairs. Kean scooped me up into a hug and twirled me around. He had a big smile on his face. "Congratulations hun. I'm so proud of you. Did Star make it too? Let's invite him for dinner so we can have a celebration," I heard mom say as Kean dropped my back down. "Yeah N/n," He started fake crying as he said, "I can't believe your following in my footsteps." "Puhlease I am way better than you watch I will be way better," I smirked at him as I left to go text Star. I heard him yell yeah right and I just laughed to myself.

I picked up my phone and saw a message from Star.

Shooting Star💫: Well have you watched yours

Shooting Star 💫: Did you make it!?