Chapter 47 ~ Stay With Me

~3rd POV~

Detective Tsukauchi sat at a round table along with a couple of other cops that worked the case of the missing L/N Y/N.

"Sir how are we not sure that Y/N was kidnapped by the league of villains. They recently attacked her school. Maybe they decided to go after the students individually." one of the officers said aggressively wanting this case to be over.

They were already on the fourth day of their search and the fourth day of her being missing. They had made no arrest and they did not have a sufficient lead in the case.

"It couldn't have been the league, it's not their style. During the battle, All Might had stated that Shigaraki had boasted about the infiltration. If it was them, it would have been a lot more... flashy." Detective Tsukauchi said glaring intensively at the photos of where Y/N was taken from.

"Oh thank heavens it wasn't flashy and there was just a little blood." an older woman officer.

"It has to have been somebody close to her. Check the cameras on her street and surrounding areas again. Check two weeks back before she was taken. There has to have some kinds of signs." he said motioning for the board that had various photos of the crime scene.

"But sir, we already checked the cameras." an officer in the sea of officers said sheepishly.

"Then check again," Detective Tsukauchi said in frustration.

"I hate to point out the elephant in the room but," Detective Tsukauchi rolled his eyes once his right-hand man, Adam, spoke up, "How are we not sure Y/N is dead. For all, we know she could be laying in a ditch somewhere."

"Adam do you always have to be so goddamn insensitive!" Detective Tsutomu said brushing adjusting her work jacket on as she entered the room.

"Oh look the one and only Tsutomu has finally arrived a whole hour later," Adam said rolling his eyes at her and giving her a devilish smirk.

"It is 11:30 at night and unlike you, I have children who need to be cared for. We will find her Y/N and you can take your pessimistic attitude and shove it up your ass," she glared at Adam who had turned his attention away to something meaningless.

Detective Tsutomu sighed and turned her attention to Detective Tsukauchi. "Sir I have already deployed three of our best squads to quadrant 5 of Musustafu, but so far all we've got are useless thugs whose routine was comprised," she announced.

Tsukauchi let out a deep sigh. Even he was beginning to see reason in what Adam was saying. They were using a lot of resources for this case that they didn't have. In their hero society, people don't take police officers as seriously as they do with the heroes. It's unfortunate but it is true.

"We are spending too much time looking for a girl that may as well be dead. Those officers we have patrolling streets could be used for more useful things." Adam proclaimed not being able to hold his voice in anymore.

"What do you suggest we tell her mom then oh so mighty Adam. 'oh hey sorry we are just not going to bother looking for your daughter anymore cause we just don't feel like it," Detective Tsutomu sarcastically said sitting down in her designated seat.

"It's not like it would matter if we dropped out on her search. The whole Endeavor Agency is out looking for that girl with U.A's support. No one would even notice if we just stopped." Adam retorted.

"You don't know what being a parent is so you cannot even begin to understand the amount of stress and pain Ms. L/N is going through right now. She just wants her daughter and for the police force to just back out cause they think her daughter is dead is absolutely atrocious!" Tsutomu slammed her hand down on the table in frustration towards her co-worker.