He'll hate me forever

"Regulus Arcturus Black... My favourite snake." Ellie was not surprised to find the youngest Black outside, despite the murky weather. He was wrapped up in an expensive looking black trench coat, but still sitting on the grass - something Ellie was almost certain his parents would greatly disapprove of.

She'd left the other Marauders lounging around in the common room, the boys deciding to spend the rest of the weekend still discussing the Quidditch victory and she'd scooped up her sketchbook to meet Regulus as arranged. Ellie truly did feel bad that she didn't spend as much time with the curly haired boy as she could, for she liked to be a good friend to all. That was easier said than done though, when she was so easily swayed by whatever the boys wanted to do - their mischief making was far too intriguing for her. Lily and Marlene were easier to see, because they were in the same house, but with Regulus in Slytherin and the year bellow, it made things complicated. She tried her best though, making the time she did spend with Regulus worthwhile.

    "I like your hair like that." Regulus commented, Ellie having left her hair in braids from the Quidditch match yesterday. It was laziness, her not being bothered to do anything with it, but she thanked him all the same, "How much of a fuss did Sirius make that you're spending time with me?"

When it was just the two of them, Ellie always noticed how much more relaxed Regulus seemed. As soon as he were around other people, Sirius included, the curly haired boy reverted instinctually to his aristocratic ways. It was somewhat strange for Ellie, for she was so used to Sirius being so wild, but she was glad that Regulus relaxed sometimes.

    "A reasonable amount." She replied with a shrug, following his gaze out across the Black Lake.

In fact, Sirius hadn't wanted to her to go and see Regulus at all, but Ellie wouldn't let him be so possessive like that. He didn't get to choose who she spent her time with and thankfully Remus had backed her up. It had left Sirius, and James too, in a huff.

    "I'm not surprised." Regulus let out a strained chuckle, "He was never good at sharing."

Ellie placed her sketchbook in her lap and tucked her knees up into her chest in a bid to stay a little warmer, having not thought the weather through entirely, when she'd ventured outside. The grass was slightly damp, the cold seeping in further and she tucked her hands into the sleeves of her jumper. Well, Remus' jumper - they were always the cosiest.

    "He's just grumpy most of the time, is all." Regulus scoffed at her reply.

    "Don't defend him. He's an arse when he wants to be."

It was true, but Ellie never liked to hear to brothers talk bad of each other and she also wouldn't have harsh words said against her friends.

Regulus was just jealous, as was Sirius, so they constantly went round in circles where the beautiful girl was concerned.

Ellie, however, didn't know how to respond and so she let a silence fall over them.

It was somewhat comfortable, the wind rippling the surface of the lake, making the water lap at the shore rhythmically. Regulus cursed himself for turning to mood sour, but in reality, Ellie was just happy sat with him. The curly haired boy gave off a similar aura that Remus did, calming her in a way the likes of James and Sirius could never do. Silence with Regulus was peaceful, whilst silence with Sirius buzzed with unspoken conversation.

Sensing Regulus was tense, the way his features were set into a firm frown, Ellie edged a bit near to him, so their sides were touching. He was also a lot warmer than she was, wrapped in his thick coat, radiating a heat that helped to keep her cosy too. Regulus however, twitched when she got nearer, his heart rate instantly picking up speed. The heat rising up the back of his neck was enough to keep him warm without his coat and he tried to keep his breathing steady as her arm continually brushed against his.