Hogwarts is calling your name

The morning of September 1st was just as chaotic as it always was, yet this time, there were five children to keep track of. In fact, Euphemia longed for the days when it used to be just Ellie and James, for that seemed a simpler time. However, instead, she was lumped with hectic group of fifteen-year-olds, all which would forget their heads if they weren't screwed on right.

Remus and Peter had arrived a week ago, much to the delight of James who'd been desperately seeking some insight on what and earth was going on between his two best friends.

When the pair had returned from Andromeda's, something had been going on, something suspicious, but James couldn't quite place his finger on what to was. It was as if the air around them had shifted, but both Ellie and Sirius denied anything had changed. And so, when Remus and Peter had come to stay, James had them both study the pair intently for whatever it was he was clearly missing. It was mainly on Sirius' part that was clear, for Ellie still wasn't entirely back to her normal self, and the impending return to Hogwarts had also set her on edge. But Peter didn't notice anything different, and Remus only said he was unsure too.

Now though, there was no time for observing their friends, for they'd all woken up late and needed to be getting on the Hogwarts Express in less than half an hour.

James had been first to wake up, like usual, but his unorganised ways meant he'd misplaced several items that still needed to go into his Hogwarts trunk. He'd spent nearly all morning trying to locate his Quidditch jersey, and then after that, he realised the golden snitch had gone rolling out of his pocket at some point too. Scouring the whole house for the tiny ball, he missed breakfast, and was barely dressed. Though his persistent reaped reward, and eventually he found it down the back of his bedside table, making sure it stayed deep in his pocket for the rest of the morning.

The second most unorganised of the group was Peter, the smallest Marauder always taking a long time to wake up. By the time he was functioning properly, he only had an hour to eat and get ready, shoving everything into his trunk haphazardly and hopping the creases in his clothes wouldn't be too bad - if his mother knew she'd be furious.

Already having packed the night before, Remus was able to have a leisurely start to the day, sitting with Fleamont at the breakfast table as they both chatted casually over tea. However, their lack of urgency made time run away with them both, and before they knew it, Euphemia was rushing in screaming that it was nearly time to leave. She had startled them both, making Fleamont rip the page of the Daily Prophet he was on, and Remus chuck the remainders of his tea in the air. Yet, there was still no rush, for all the lanky boy had to do was drag his trunk downstairs.

Sirius had refused to get out of bed up until James had gone rooting around under his duvet for his Quidditch jersey. The messy haired boy earned himself a violent shove and a few choice words, which sufficiently woke Sirius up. He was deflated to find that Ellie had already vacated the room, and when he asked where she was, everyone told him she was next-door getting ready. Knowing the handsome boy too well, Euphemia had caught him trying to sneak out the front door to go and find Ellie, which had him sent back upstairs to finish packing. Disgruntled and mumbling to himself, he did as she asked, but wouldn't utter a pleasant word to anyone until Ellie was standing before him again.

The beautiful girl had, in fact, woken up as early as James had, wanting to be able to take her time packing. She'd sipped coffee with Cyrus in silence in the living room, both of them sat on the same sofa, staring out of the window in deep thought. It was nice to have some peace before the mayhem that would be the return to school, and Ellie took time to revel in it, whilst Cyrus just enjoyed his daughter's company for the last time for a while.

If he had to tell the truth, he'd say he didn't want her to go. She felt safer under his watchful eye, and he wouldn't risk losing her too, but he knew it was time for her to go. Time for her to spread her wings again and enjoy life away from the bad memories that still lurked in the walls of their home.