23rd January 1975

I hope you're okay Cubby. You probably aren't, but I'm not very good at trying to make people feel better, so I've sent a bunch of chocolate frogs instead. They say chocolate makes you feel like you're in love and you need all the love you can get right now.

Lessons are quite boring without you and no one even laughs anymore. Perhaps it's not really appropriate to be having fun in times like these.

Like I said, I'm not great with words, but I'm thinking about you everyday. We all are.

Love from Peter

•••

My life is quite boring without you too, Pete.

A comfortable sort of boring, but mundane all the same. However, I think it's good to keep things simple at the moment, simple helps keep me focussed.

You don't have to be good with words to make me smile, and you did. Especially with the chocolate frogs - not having you to supply me with all things sweet has definitely sent me into sugar withdrawals.

I know you said you're not laughing at the moment, but make the others laugh. For me, please.

And let me know how your studies are. Did you get brilliant grades in that Transfiguration essay James was helping you with? I bet you did. Keep working hard, I can see how much it's paying off and just because I'm not there, doesn't mean I won't be angry if you start thinking there's no point. There's always a point, because you're a great wizard, and deserve as good grades as the rest of us.

Never lose hope - something I'm working on right now too.

Love from Cubby