Intervention

Despite the feuding and the riff that had been created, the one thing the Marauders all seemed worried about the most was the weather.

Ellie had thought long and hard about what she'd do if an electrical storm arrived and she still wasn't on talking terms with the boys. What they were doing was for Remus, and she'd already delayed them last year, so it'd be selfish to prevent them from succeeding again. However, the awkwardness of the situation made her cringe. She imagined seeing all the rain and the lightning in the sky and rushing to find the boys instantly, but them no longer wanting her to join in. It was a ridiculous notion but worried her anyway.

On the other hand though, the boys felt like Ellie would never want to go through with the plan in a million years. Remus in particular felt as if he'd completely pushed her away by telling her secret to the rest of them, and so he understood if she'd not want to help him anymore. In fact, he thought it was probably fair that way, for he had broken her trust, so she had every right to not want to keep his secret any longer.

They'd all continued to wake up at sunrise to chant the incantation the process required, wands pointed directly at their hearts. They'd all continued to do the same as the sun set in the evening. Yet, both Ellie and boys found themselves questioning whether the other had been. The brunette knew that Peter would've probably almost forgotten once by now, and Sirius probably rolled over and grumbled when James woke him up every morning as the sun creeped above the horizon, but she knew the messy haired boy would never let them forget.

There had been a couple of occasions when Ellie had pondered whether to maybe just stop, usually amongst her internal debate as to whether the boys would ever want her back. But her stubbornness to help Remus always won over.

He didn't deserve the life he had to lead, and she'd do anything in her power to make it better for him.

Amidst all the uncertainty, the group found each other meeting eyes when the clouds became dark. As long as they'd still have her, Ellie would never back out, and the boys would welcome her with open arms if she decided that she wanted to call a truce. Even when it all seemed lost, friendship tied them together in ways no other person could understand.

Lily would have Ellie completely forget about all the boys if she could, obliviate her so she didn't have to remember all the hurt they'd caused. But even she couldn't deny that the beautiful girl still seemed to be connected to the group. She'd catch her looking desperately over at them, and she'd see the flash of light in her eyes when one of them met her gaze. However, Ellie still wasn't ready to forgive them. She still needed time, and no one had a right to question that.

Ellie missed them, but she was still hurt.

    "Withdrawing yourself from the world won't make things any better."

Remus had been sat watching Sirius stare at nothing for almost twenty minutes before he decided it was time for him to intervene. It was painful to watch the handsome boy become such a shell of himself. He hardly ate anything, Remus knew he wasn't sleeping, and he'd almost always be quiet. Everyone knew Sirius wouldn't talk about his emotions, instead he just went stony faced and ignored anything said. But Remus knew it wasn't healthy for him to continue like he was. If Ellie wasn't going to be friends with them for the foreseeable future, Sirius was going to have to find a way of accepting that.

    "Well, being in the world doesn't make me feel any better either." The handsome boy's staring didn't cease, and he just kept his gaze on the drapes hanging from his bedposts.

James had suggested they go and throw dungbombs into the Slytherin Common room, but when Sirius had shown absolutely no interest, he'd dragged Peter with him instead. It was no surprise Remus wanted to read and not take part, but it had been completely out of the ordinary that Sirius hadn't wanted to go and prank the snakes.