Tell me

Trudging back up to their dorm, arms loaded with plates and bowls of a variety of breakfast foods, three of the Marauders cursed the distance between the Great Hall and the Gryffindor common room. It was a given Remus wouldn't be attending classes today, having not moved from his bed all morning, eyes still clenched tight in uncomfortable aching. Yet James still insisted he needed to eat, so he'd enlisted Sirius and Peter to get their breakfast to-go, so they could all eat together in their dorm instead.

Ellie had stayed behind with their ill friend, sat on his bed beside him as he clutched her hand so hard she felt he might stop the blood supply. However, it was a sacrifice she was willing to make if it made Remus feel just a tiny bit better.

When the boys returned, goods galore, the brunette was nowhere to be seen. The lanky boy, who had managed to sit up slightly and open his eyes, looked an awful shade of grey and couldn't even muster a smile when his friends walked in.

    "Where's Cubby, mate?" Sirius was quick to ask.

Shoving a bowl of porridge into Remus' hands, James took the girl's previous spot and watched with expectant eyes for his friend to try some of his breakfast. Turning his nose up at the bowl, the lanky boy had no appetite to eat. His stomach rumbled, but the mere thought of food made him queasy, and the grey of his skin turned slightly green instead. Remus pointed at a note lying on the bottom of his bed, Sirius snatching it faster than James had time to himself.

    "Dumbledore." Mouth full, spitting syrupy pancakes over Peter, the handsome boy read the note addressed to Ellie, "Wanted to speak to her in his office." That was all the information gave away, and so they weren't really any wiser.

Slopping the liquid everywhere in attempts to force the cup into Remus's hand, James offered his friend some tea, that being his favourite drink of choice. Yet, the lanky boy shook his head slightly, not interested in that either. Nothing was going to make him feel better and sometimes it seemed like a better option to starve himself, for then hopefully he wouldn't have as much energy later when the moon came out.

    "I will feed you like a baby if I have to Moony." Snatching the bowl of porridge back, James scooped up a big spoonful and held it right in front of Remus' mouth, "I put golden syrup in, just how you like it..." Sending the messy haired boy a scowl, he complied, knowing that James was only trying to help. Sirius was chuckling quietly at the scene, his best friend looking rather pleased with himself as Remus ate, "Here comes the aeroplane!" James was enjoying himself way to much, but it had gotten their ill friend eating and that was the main thing.

Peter ran through their timetable for the day, not that Remus didn't know what lessons he had, but more as a distraction, and Sirius promised to make better Potions notes this time. Apparently 'chuck everything in and mix' didn't cut it, but it did manage to make them all laugh a little. Filling the lanky boy in on the events of last night, James retold the story of Professor Sprout singing to her plants, and once they'd all ate, (Remus eventually forcing down a cup of tea that helped perk him up slightly), they got ready for History of Magic.

All of them complaining profusely about how mind numbingly boring Professor Binns was first thing, they failed to notice that Ellie didn't return to the dorm until it was time for them to leave. They suspected she'd probably gone back to her dorm to get ready properly and grab her things, so set off to their lesson, the group significantly smaller than it usually was.

However, when fifteen minutes passed of Professor Binns droning on and no sign of the beautiful girl in sight, they all got curious as to what could be taking so long. Why would Dumbledore need to speak with her so urgently? What needed all this time discussing?

Even Lily had come asking question about where she was, which ruled out Ellie having gone back to her dorm, the red head also noticing her lack of presence all this morning. Jumping at the chance to speak to Lily, James dived into a detailed and chronological recount of their movements, but she didn't want to hear what he had to say. She cut him off when she realised that his story was nothing to do with what had happened to Ellie, and sat down next to him, leaving one space of course.